$35.00
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
I've seen many accusations the the IRS is highly political and will happily serve the interests of Democrats in unethical ways. So why haven't they leaked Trump's tax returns?

If you believe those accusations and don't think this counts as evidence against them, what evidence would weaken your belief?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
rinelk wrote:
So why haven't they leaked Trump's tax returns?

The answer is obvious to anyone who loves Trump as much as I do: there's nothing damaging in them.

Next question?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Why haven't they released fake ones with nasty stuff added in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
What the IRS has said is there is nothing stopping Trump from releasing his tax returns. Contrary to what Trump has claimed ("can't release because being audited").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
What the IRS has said is there is nothing stopping Trump from releasing his tax returns. Contrary to what Trump has claimed ("can't release because being audited").
when will the damn IRS stop meddling in politics? Obama is out of control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's dangerous for a leak at this time for anyone at the IRS. If they leak something and Trump wins, their career could be over. It much safer to harasses political opponents supporters then directly try and hard the person who could be in charge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
It's against the law?

Interesting, though. Bill Clinton was the first candidate in decades that hid his medical records. Just like tax returns, nothing said he had to release them, but libs foamed at the mouth when cons jokingly asked why. (Everyone, to include honest libs, suspects it some combination of a history of cocaine addiction and/or VD.) Now the right of privacy is on the other foot and they are foaming at the mouth for the opposite reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
rinelk wrote:
So why haven't they leaked Trump's tax returns?

The answer is obvious to anyone who loves Trump as much as I do: there's nothing damaging in them.

Next question?

I find the mixture of ironic, sarcastic and sincere thumbs on your post amusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
mbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
It's dangerous for a leak at this time for anyone at the IRS. If they leak something and Trump wins, their career could be over. It much safer to harasses political opponents supporters then directly try and hard the person who could be in charge.

No, it isn't. What they did before was also right before an election, and conservatives were deeply incensed. Even under Obama, the woman in charge ended up resigning.

Kuhrusty's answer was the obvious one I expected from our resident conservatives, but it's foolish, too--if Trump's returns aren't damaging, then the Dems are setting themselves up to look like idiots when Trump releases them later. The best part is, it never needs to become public that they leaked them just to top strategists in the Democratic Party. It's extremely low-risk. So the very fact that Dems are attacking Trump on his returns means that it can't both be true that the IRS is corrupt and that Trump's returns aren't problematic.

So I think conservatives have to admit that either Trump's tax returns show him to be a crook and a scoundrel, or else that their attacks on the IRS have been the result of partisanship so all-consuming it blinded them to reality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
It's against the law?

So, you agree that the IRS does not violate the law to pursue partisan ends?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
No, it isn't. What they did before was also right before an election, and conservatives were deeply incensed. Even under Obama, the woman in charge ended up resigning.

The old "Kelsey you're an idiot" meme will never get old.

Lois Learner targeted tea party groups with audits to slow down their influence during a re-election. Completely different then directly attacking a candidate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:

Kuhrusty's answer was the obvious one I expected from our resident conservatives, but it's foolish, too--if Trump's returns aren't damaging, then the Dems are setting themselves up to look like idiots when Trump releases them later. The best part is, it never needs to become public that they leaked them just to top strategists in the Democratic Party. It's extremely low-risk. So the very fact that Dems are attacking Trump on his returns means that it can't both be true that the IRS is corrupt and that Trump's returns aren't problematic.

So I think conservatives have to admit that either Trump's tax returns show him to be a crook and a scoundrel, or else that their attacks on the IRS have been the result of partisanship so all-consuming it blinded them to reality.

Or... the Dems are so sure they are going to landslide Trump that they are willing to let the IRS sit this one out and take some of the heat off them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"32 inches of Plexi....for your pleasure"
mbmbmbmb
Maybe we can get the Soviets to get them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
rinelk wrote:

Lois Learner targeted tea party groups with audits to slow down their influence during a re-election. Completely different the directly attacking a candidate.

No, it isn't, on the very metric you supplied--if they did either and the Republican won, their career would be over. Heck, Lerner's career was in fact over even though the Democrat won! Do you honestly think that they would be safer under a Trump presidency if they just used targeted audits to harass his supporters?

galad2003 wrote:
This would be a pretty obviously partisan and illegal thing to do especially given how much scrutiny the IRS is under right now. Not to mention career ending if Trump were to be elected.

But we've repeatedly been told that what they already did was obviously partisan and illegal. Are you suggesting now that you have doubts about whether what they did before was actually partisan and illegal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
rinelk wrote:

Lois Learner targeted tea party groups with audits to slow down their influence during a re-election. Completely different the directly attacking a candidate.

No, it isn't, on the very metric you supplied--if they did either and the Republican won, their career would be over. Heck, Lerner's career was in fact over even though the Democrat won! Do you honestly think that they would be safer under a Trump presidency if they just used targeted audits to harass his supporters?

galad2003 wrote:
This would be a pretty obviously partisan and illegal thing to do especially given how much scrutiny the IRS is under right now. Not to mention career ending if Trump were to be elected.

But we've repeatedly been told that what they already did was obviously partisan and illegal. Are you suggesting now that you have doubts about whether what they did before was actually partisan and illegal?

So if someone says some entity does something illegal, that implies they should keep doing illegal things?
What are you thinking here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
TheDashi wrote:
rinelk wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
rinelk wrote:

galad2003 wrote:

So if someone says some entity does something illegal, that implies they should keep doing illegal things?

No. But if they had stopped doing biased and crooked things, reform intended to bring that about would be pointless. Since those who found the scrutiny of groups with political names problematic also generally support reform now, their position tells us that they think the IRS is still willing to do partisan, illegal things.

So, what do you think: is the IRS on the straight and narrow path now, such that reform is unnecessary?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
rinelk wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
rinelk wrote:

galad2003 wrote:

No. But if they had stopped doing biased and crooked things, reform intended to bring that about would be pointless. Since those who found the scrutiny of groups with political names problematic also generally support reform now, their position tells us that they think the IRS is still willing to do partisan, illegal things.

So, what do you think: is the IRS on the straight and narrow path now, such that reform is unnecessary?

Who was held accountable?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
TheDashi wrote:
rinelk wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
rinelk wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
rinelk wrote:

galad2003 wrote:

If you answer my question, I'll do the research to answer yours. If it helps, I should remind you that the GOP platform calls the IRS "toxic".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
rinelk wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
rinelk wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
rinelk wrote:

galad2003 wrote:

If you answer my question, I'll do the research to answer yours. If it helps, I should remind you that the GOP platform calls the IRS "toxic".

No need.
I see you dont live on this planet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I should maybe add, since people are stupid and some of you obviously think I'm a person, that I understand Kuhrusty's answer was a joke (coming from him). He might worship Satan, but he's not a bad guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you ever tried to coordinate rogue agents?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Altair IV wrote:

Is it like herding cats?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
Altair IV wrote:

Is it like herding cats?

I already used that this week.

How about "wrangling lemurs"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.