5 Posts

Dogs of War» Forums » General

Subject: 3 players ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
no flag
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know, it's a far better game with 4 or 5 players.

But is it still a (very ?) good game with only 3 players ?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
If you remove two houses, and play with just two battles, it is ok. I still prefer the 5 player version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
no flag
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answers.

foksieloy wrote:
I still prefer the 5 player version.

Yes, yes, I know. There ain't one single player around saying he prefers 3 player version.

foksieloy wrote:
If you remove two houses, and play with just two battles, it is ok.

So it's still enjoyable ? I mean, there are still good tactical decisions to make, betrayals, etc ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
King Bing wrote:
So it's still enjoyable ? I mean, there are still good tactical decisions to make, betrayals, etc ?

Yes, because you are limited to only two battles, so conflict has to arise. The battlefield still feels a bit emptier than usual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Petersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a big fan of the game with just 3 players, even with the removal of 2 houses. In my experience it suffers from kingmaker-syndrome, where one player often ends up deciding the result of the battles between the other two. It can of course shift over the 4 rounds, but it's not a great 3-player game IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.