Scythe: Invaders from Afar» Forums » General

Subject: New faction abilities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arni Baldur Moller
Iceland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering what the new factions' abilities will be, especially since they are not restricted to the same 3-hex peninsulas the base game factions are in the beginning of the game. How will this be balanced, does anyone know the new special powers and how the balances out the more starting freedom of the new factions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arnimoller wrote:
I'm wondering what the new factions' abilities will be, especially since they are not restricted to the same 3-hex peninsulas the base game factions are in the beginning of the game. How will this be balanced, does anyone know the new special powers and how the balances out the more starting freedom of the new factions?
Jamey knows. The playtesters know, but I'm sure they're under strict NDAs about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No word yet, but I'm also very curious. If one of the current factions started there, they'd have a huge advantage in the early game, while the openness may prove them vulnerable later on. Everything in this game is the way it is for a very specific reason, but I can't figure this one out and I'm excited to see what Jamey has in store for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The title, "invaders from afar", implies the two expansion factions are getting into the game later, after the original five factions have had some time to establish themselves. Plus the player boards added are #6#2a and #7#3a, and there's already people complaining about playing 2 player games with large gaps between the board numbers. There's definitely something different on how the two expansion factions play.

Jamie most likely will drop his announcement on Monday August 1st Friday September 30th. Poor man spends 18 hours a day on his computer. We need to let him go outside and get sunlight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The player mats added are not 6 and 7--they are 2a and 3a.

I will probably share the rules for the expansion on our August 30 or September 30 e-newsletter, not August 1. There's too much other stuff for August 1, and most people are still learning Scythe for the first time--they're not ready for expansion rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.