Hide
4 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: Improved Hull + Fighters? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt H.
msg tools
Does Improved Hull allow a ship of hull 3 to be a capital ship for the purpose of taking fighters? I know flagship does, but the wording on improved hull is a little vague.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

My first reaction was "yes of course", but I see where you are possibly finding issue with it: maybe with it saying "at the start of the game place 1 mission token" and then "for the remainder of the game...hull value is considered +1" wording, which someone could interpret as it not starting with the extra hull point for the "gather forces" step?

Then I thought you could compare it to another resource:

It mentions "at the start of the game, after the gather forces step", which places "at the start of the game" to include "Setup". So the hull is added at "start of the game" which includes "gather forces" so voila! you have your 4 hull to meet capital ship requirement...

So I would reckon it is permissible...

But I also see it could be argued! Lol

The pure get-on-and-play-the-game side of me, would say "It adds one 1 extra hull, sure, that's fine!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Redfearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing the opposing voice:
No, because the bonus hull takes place at the start of the game, not during fleet building which is when you need the 4 hull ship for fighters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Going to have to agree with Steven on this one for the reason given.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.