Popular Tags: [View All]
Dirk Holm
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dear Geeks,
I hope I misunderstood something...

I don`t get how the heroes can survive the dungeons. I tried it with my son. Whoever was in the last position to pass lost the round because the dungeon always killed the hero.

If you want to keep the dungeon beatable you HAVE to take away a big monster with a weak equipment like a shield.
In case of the warrior, take the demon or the golem with the shield. If you take anything else, the hero is doomed.
What can you take away without weaken the hero?

New players have to know that certain heros have no equipment for certain monsters.

Warrior --> Golems 2x5, Demon 1x6 =-16 hitpoints
Rogue --> Orcs 2x3, Golems 2x5, Vampires 2x4 =-24 hitpoints
Babarian --> Vampires 2x4, Lich 1x6, Demon 1x7, Dragon 1x9 =-30 hitpoints
Mage --> Dragon, Golems 2x5, Orcs 2x3, Goblins 2x1 = -27 hitpoints

Again,
I hardly see that the hero has a chance...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you never make it through then that means you are staying in too long and should pass earlier. Think about it a moment, if everybody passes after the first card is played then clearly the hero will make it through. Therefore literally every dungeon is passable if the players all back out early enough. The trick is figuring out the point when if you stay in you will still succeed if nobody else puts in a card but will fail if they put something else in. That should be your last turn staying in the bidding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
First of all, make sure you are playing the game correctly. Here's an example where the player passes the dungeon with the barbarian: https://youtu.be/ZiZYJsqLUG4

Also keep in mind that the order in which the monsters show up might matter (for instance: since the healing potion can revive the barbarian once, his survival depends on the distribution of monsters before and after reviving him).

At the end of the day this is a bluffing game. You can remove weak/strong monsters depending on your intentions. Only you know what you've removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Holm
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok, it has been awhile since we tried it. I can´t remember how we did the passing. So i will try it again. Thanks for your support.

After watching the video I think we did the dungeon wrong. We put all monsters in and only put monsters out when we got rid of an equipment, but i got the impression that the dungeon is ready when there is only one player left in the game and not caring about the rest of the deck....

(-:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely make sure you are getting the rules right. The Warrior can easily survive a full dungeon if he uses the Vorpal weapon on the Golems, so it's not really interesting if you don't remove some gear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sometimes you KNOW the Dungeon can be survived based on what Monsters you didn't put in the Dungeon.

Sometimes you KNOW the Dungeon can't be survived based on combination of what Monsters you put in the Dungeon and what equipment you removed.

And most of the time you are making an educated gamble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm... we play where you remove the piece of equipment when going through the dungeon... and during bidding you also remove equipment.. but it has to be the appropriate piece of equipment for the monster you are removing...

Does anyone else play that way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.