Project: ELITE» Forums » Sessions

Subject: First 2 playthroughs --> Hectic and fun! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thodoris Kalaitzis
Greece
Kalamata
flag msg tools
I played my first two solo playthroughs.
Character: Momentum (each move symbol allows him to move twice), in the Abandoned lab, in easy mode.

The first playthrough was an Extermination assignment...
Failed, with only one target exterminated, with one less die (lost one life) and no hope of completing it. The aliens just come from EVERYWHERE and in 8 rounds ... Game over!

I tried, also, the Recovery mission. I completed it in 4 rounds, relatively easily, just because there is only one receovery tile and no events are drawn in Easy mode...

All in all, it is very exciting and enjoyable!
I recommend Project Elite to anyone, even those who have problems with real time board games (it is my first also...). Between "live" rounds, everyone gets to discuss strategy, so it is a semi-live board game after all...

Most annoying ----> When the two minute limit ends (or even less, because of a Boss alien) and the timer starts to beep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Brause
Germany
Duisburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The most annoying thiing in my playthroughs was, when the action phase and alien phases were done and you look at the board and say to each other "THat doesn´t look so bad, we just have to do this and this..." and then you remember that you have to put out even more aliens and all your plans are now obsolete
But I agree that the game is really fun one.
But I don´t agree with your recommondation for people who don´t like real time games. I think when you don´t like games escape or xcom because of their real time aspect, you won´t be happy here either. At least the gamers I know reject plays of it because they don´t like the other games
But I like it a lot and everyone I played it with so far (and likes real time games) agrees
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thodoris Kalaitzis
Greece
Kalamata
flag msg tools
You are right, Felix!
The board can get a bit crowded...but there is all the fun. I cannot even imagine if anyone could ever pass the Very Hard Setups...or even the hard ones. I mentioned real time games, because I don't think I coyld enjoy Escape or anything like that...
But Project Elite offers a few minutew to reflect and think things over.

And then kill some Aliens!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Brause
Germany
Duisburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, the breathing room after the two minutes is really important to make it through 8 rounds of aliens rushing towards you.
I enjoy Escape but I don´t know many in my group that do too So Project elite will be mostly a two or three player game for me, which is totally fine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thodoris Kalaitzis
Greece
Kalamata
flag msg tools

I really like playing it solo, but with more players I can only imagine what a mayhem it must be. I also think that the replayability can go through the roof with the expansion as well as the Alien Pack.

A breeze of fresh air for me.

No more Analysis Paralysis, let's all sit down and think our next big move ( which is perfectly fine for other games). Here it is:

Move, shoot, search, let's get out quickly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Brause
Germany
Duisburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ansonvergens wrote:

A breeze of fresh air for me.

No more Analysis Paralysis, let's all sit down and think our next big move ( which is perfectly fine for other games). Here it is:

Move, shoot, search, let's get out quickly!

A perfect summary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thodoris Kalaitzis
Greece
Kalamata
flag msg tools

Thanks Felix!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Brause
Germany
Duisburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You´re welcome
It´s like a little private chat in here
After our talk and some thoughts about the game I decided to put the last expansion, the Alien Pack (I already have adrenaline), on my "to-buy" list for the Spiel´17 this year.
Although right now everything fits in one very heavy box...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It has not reached the USA in real time, so not much input from this island.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thodoris Kalaitzis
Greece
Kalamata
flag msg tools
If you can, you should buy it, Felix!

It is not a full expansion like Adrenaline, but it adds some fluff (fantastic bases for objectives), some advanced Alien soldiers (tough ones) and some specials and bosses....

It actually adds to the visual appeal and replayability.

Oh! And do not forget the LARGE YELLOW MONSTER ALIEN!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.