Viticulture Essential Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Move this to "compilation edition" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geert Vinaskov
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This should be a "compilation item", and thus excluded from the ranks!

Like:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/108687/puerto-rico-limit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that it doesn't include Tuscany, just some parts of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert Vinaskov
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, I realize that people reading this part of the forum, will be Viticulture fans, and probably be conservative about any change about "their" game.

This edition is still a "compilation" of previously released materials. The whole idea of a compilation entry is to address editions like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game in question has nothing to do with it. I just answered a question about expansion vs. integrates with over on Smash Up, and I've never played it. Contains, reimplements, expands, integrates with... these things all have very specific definitions.

If I wanted to buy an expansion, and I saw that it said it was included in XYZ, I would be unhappy if I bought XYZ and the expansion was not included. The same thing here... if I wanted Tuscany, and it showed as contained in the Essential Edition, I would be unhappy if I bought it and it didn't actually contain Tuscany. The description can and does say that some elements of Tuscany are included, but it does not contain Tuscany.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, this is the only currently available "base" edition of the game. The fact that it contains parts of the previous expansion (which is no longer in print as such) doesn't change the fact that if you want to buy Viticulture, this is what you're going to get. This reimplements the original base game, and Tuscany Essential (coming out later this year) reimplements the original Tuscany expansion (I don't know if the database reflects that, but it probably should.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
Also, this is the only currently available "base" edition of the game. The fact that it contains parts of the previous expansion (which is no longer in print as such) doesn't change the fact that if you want to buy Viticulture, this is what you're going to get. This reimplements the original base game, and Tuscany Essential (coming out later this year) reimplements the original Tuscany expansion (I don't know if the database reflects that, but it probably should.)

I agree. There is no longer a Viticulture 1st/2nd edition, this is it. I also wondered with the addition of Tuscany Essentials if Jamey will stop having Tuscany "1st" edition printed. I have Viticulture Essentials and Tuscany "original".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:
runtsta wrote:

I agree. There is no longer a Viticulture 1st/2nd edition, this is it. I also wondered with the addition of Tuscany Essentials if Jamey will stop having Tuscany "1st" edition printed. I have Viticulture Essentials and Tuscany "original".
Jamey has repeatedly stated that Tuscany as originally formed, with all 11(12?) expansions will never be reprinted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.