Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a thread or location where BGG recommends Kickstarter campaigns?

I did a bit of looking, but it wasn't apparent to me.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Monnat Jr
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, Sponsored Promotions.

You can also check out the Press Releases forum and see other people's comments on announced campaigns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sponsored Promotions seems to be just contests to win games, is this how BGG indicates their support for a KS Campaign?

I saw Press Releases, but that is too open to everyone and their buddies posting their KS and support for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Monnat Jr
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Sponsored Promotions are sponsored by BGG. It's when the campaign pays for advertising as a contest, but BGG won't sponsor something inappropriate or with a bad reputation as that would reflect poorly on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the question is, what are you looking for? What do you mean when you ask if BGG recommends Kickstarters? I don't think the site as a whole recommends anything. I'm not sure what you're looking for, or why. Can you elaborate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
GeorgeMo wrote:
Yes, Sponsored Promotions are sponsored by BGG. It's when the campaign pays for advertising as a contest, but BGG won't sponsor something inappropriate or with a bad reputation as that would reflect poorly on BGG.

You'd think that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daybreak wrote:
I guess the question is, what are you looking for? What do you mean when you ask if BGG recommends Kickstarters? I don't think the site as a whole recommends anything. I'm not sure what you're looking for, or why. Can you elaborate?

Mostly what I am looking for is a place where BGG posts a KS that they support or maybe are highly interested in. I guess I was looking for something that was not influenced by the almighty dollar (like KS campaigns paying for advertising).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.