Popular Tags: [View All]
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings all!
Welcome to the brand-spanking-new game page for Space Vermin from Beyond!

This game is the second installment of the Invaders series, of which we hope to have a number more in the future. Fred Manzo designed this particular game, with Colby Duerk and myself on the assist. The game is great fun and while related to Invaders (in that the player plays the Galactic Marines), it is actually quite different. You'll see what we're talking about when you get it on the table.

Please post your questions and comments as you see fit and we hope you enjoy the chaotic experience of fighting the dreaded Vermites.

Thanks and good gaming!

Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred W. Manzo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi, All!

"Space Vermin from Beyond!" is a sequel to "Invaders from Dimension X!" and without the help of Hermann Luttmann, Ed Mostowicz, Chris Hansen and Colby Duerk this game would have been impossible to complete. This was a team effort.

I also want to thank Tim Allen for his fine artwork. The cover, the counters and especially the maps are terrific. They perfectly evoke that 1950's Science Fiction movie-poster theme we were looking for.

I hope everyone enjoys playing this game as much as we did designing and developing it.

If "Space Vermin From Beyond!" is a commercial success we would like to publish other games based on the true stories of the “Old Reprobates” – the 124th Galactic Marine Raider Battalion.

Thanks In Advance,

- Fred
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred W. Manzo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
"Space Vermin from Beyond!" Design and Development team
The Space Vermin from Beyond! design and development team is the same bunch of people who have worked on any number of other popular games. Only this time we switched seats. When Invaders from Dimension X! was created Hermann Luttmann of Dawn of the Zeds fame was its designer, I was its developer, Tim Allen was its artist plus Colby Duerk and Ed. Mostowicz were among its playtesters. This time I was the designer, Hermann and Colby were the co-developers and Ed. was the lead playtester.

Prior to creating the "Invaders" universe, more or less the same bunch of guys also published Stonewall's Sword: The Battle of Cedar Mountain for Revolution Games, Duel of Eagles: Mars-La-Tour 1870 for White Dog Games and worked on Hammerin' Sickles: Longstreet Attacks at Gettysburg and At Any Cost: Metz 1870 for GMT (AAC will be published in 2Q17 as of now). In addition we are working on Thunder in the Ozarks: the Battle of Pea Ridge for Revolution Games, which will be published this coming November. And, in a month or so, Tiny Battle will be publishing Dead Reckoning, a diceless and almost completely math free, zombie wargame. We also helped Kirk Uhlmann, its designer, work on The Lamps are Going Out - World War I for Compass Games.

For all those games (except Lamps) Hermann was the designer, I was the developer and Rick Barber or Tim Allen were our map makers. This time we switched around places to provide a different slant to the series.

So this is a veteran design team, which I hope and believe has produced a superior game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Warren
msg tools
Just ordered Space Vermin! Looking forward to receiving it. In the meantime, I should break out Invaders and give it another go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred W. Manzo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How the 124th earned its name
http://theboardgamingway.com/how-the-124th-earned-their-name...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How close is it to shipping?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:

Now... BTW, we have gone to slightly heavier stock with the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Holt Walker wrote:
martimer wrote:

Now... BTW, we have gone to slightly heavier stock with the map.
Hooray on the shipping. I would hate to order a third copy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred W. Manzo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Space Vermin
It's shipping now.

http://tinybattlepublishing.com/products/space-vermin-from-b...

Thanks for asking

- Fred
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not so dumb I got a thumb But on the phone Apposable But in re-dealing on the daily road Superiority is nothing but A friendly man with monkey hands A friendly mom with monkey pawns
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ordered both titles.
Cannot wait to play these!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much! How have you been?

Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not so dumb I got a thumb But on the phone Apposable But in re-dealing on the daily road Superiority is nothing but A friendly man with monkey hands A friendly mom with monkey pawns
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fantastic, but summer vacation is winding down. Back to work next week.
I hope there will be more VPG releases in you Death or Glory series.
Are there more games yet scheduled for this Invaders series?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what the plans are for the VPG version of Death or Glory. I know they are keeping In Magnificent Style in the "new" catalog, but I haven't heard what the fate is for A Near Run Thing or Magnificent Valour. I hope they see the light of day soon.

In a related matter, Mark Walker is a fan of IMS and asked me to do a similar game for Flying Pig Games. So I've come with a game called "Crowbar: The Boys of Pointe Du Hoc" which will be about the Rangers attack there on D-Day. It will be closely related to IMS but will use Movement Cards instead of dice rolls to "push" the units (which will result in faster play and easier resolution). Plus Mark will give the game the deluxe treatment and it will have "Night of Man"-type components. We're really pumped up about it.

As far as Invaders, we have our notes written for the next installment, tentatively entitled "Attack of the Killer Pillars". It will feature huge rock monsters and will again be quite different than the first two games.

So there you have it! Thanks again for your support and best wishes!

Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Naomi Ooooooooo

Alaska
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to adm1's review of your games in the solo forum I ordered them. They look great and I am looking forward to giving them a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Naomi!
We certainly hope you enjoy them and if you do, please spread the word. Word-of-mouth is very valuable for the smaller game companies. We'll have some more games in this series available in the near future.

Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.