J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
AoS:London and AoS:Sun:

1) If players run out of track ownership markers they may continue building track by using the track markers from another unused colour or an other convenient marker (pennies, M&Ms, whatever).

2) The same player may not build multiple direct connections between the same two locations (towns or cities)

3) There is no limit on the number of town markers in the game. If more are needed use small coins or any other convenient marker. Track tiles of all types are however limited.

4) Track builds may be started and/or ended by upgrading track in another player's track. It is not required that a track build be traceable through that SAME PLAYER'S track to a city. It is legal if the track traces back to a city via another player's track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Re: Designer rule clarifications for Age of Steam:London & S
After further thought and review I've moved what is now correction #4 above from being specific to AoS:Sun to being general for both maps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Re: Designer rule clarifications for Age of Steam:London & S
#4 wording clarified above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
AoS:London and AoS:Sun:

2) The same player may not build multiple direct connections between the same two locations (towns or cities)

If a second direct connection is created by the Urbanisation action of another player, is that allowed? Technically "the same player" did not build the second connection him/herself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Good. That's how we played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
#2 is not a rule in base Age of Steam and is nowhere hinted at in the sheet of rules which came with Age of Steam London/Sun. This is just something you want included in the rules of this expansion but did not include at publication time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks. Turns out three of us cheated us last night. Will have to award the victory to the odd player out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It...doesn't make a difference often. Mostly both titles allow so much track to be built so quickly that this extra little fiddle-rule just prevents quite as many players from being quite as boned quite as quickly. The game plays fine without the added rule, but I think plays slightly better, and in particular slightly better for not-quite-as-dedicated players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.