Tom Abromaitis
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The intro from part one (Found here: TomAbromaitis Solos Sks 1-3 and More...):

TomAbromaitis wrote:
So I've just ordered Beyond Valor and the new Yanks, so the step up to full ASL is imminent. Before that happens I wanted to say a little goodbye to SK. Make sure I get my money's worth when it comes to the trio of Starter Packs I've collected.

I'll be playing as many as I have or can download from MMP's website. I will be using the IIFT, Mike O'Leary's solo rules (Google 'em!), and most likely will be having beers while doing so.

I'll be keeping score, so grab some popcorn, soda, or candies and root for your favorite side as I play each scenario completely unscientifically and occasionally probably poorly.

Here goes!

The score is tied 4-4 after S8. On to SK2!

Current Score:

Axis: 7

Allies: 6

S9 Ambitious Assault: This is notoriously difficult for the Allied side (45-12 ROAR record in favor of the Italians) and this game was no different. Particularly when the Italians snaked 3(!) important shots that all did damage and slowed the Americans. Not enough time. Axis: 5 Allies: 4

S10 Paper Army: If S9 favors the Axis, S10 favos the Allies. (42-17 on ROAR) But the retreating Aplhini almost snuck one out. Rushing West, they had held off the pursuing Greeks enough to make them almost a non-factor. But the Greeks have a flanking element that comes on mid game... It was these forces that put up a last stand and slowed the Italians enough that the last squad needed to get off board was pinned taking a NMC and couldn't quite finish off the Italian win. 9VP out of the needed 10... Axis: 5 Allies: 5

S11 A Long Way To Go: A large German force that needs to get from one end of the board to the other had little difficulty singling out and destroying American resistance on the way. This one is all about pace from the German side, and it went just about as well as could be hoped. Didn't help that the first shot the American mortar was the one that broke it... Axis: 6 Allies: 5

S12 Over Open Sights: Snowy fields weren't kind to the Grenadiers. It was tighter than it at first looked to be... but the Germans broke their mortar on the first shot (a trend...?) and the Ami 105's had 3 crits. rolling on the 36FP column is brutal. 'Nuff said. Axis: 6 Allies: 6

S13 Priority Target: Okay, so maybe my Allied setup wasn't so ideal. I was very pleased with the defense until I showed myself all the openings I left... Germans poured through woods and grain and destroyed most of the Greek and British forces by turn 3... Axis: 7 Allies: 6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.