Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wiliam McCurdy
United States
Calvert City
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So from my understanding there are 12 factions in MERCs which all are present in Recon, each faction gets 5 core models + 1 sniper if you were lucky (or unlucky) enough to back the ks from what i read it wasnt the best. But in order to get all the mercs there was a separate add on to upgrade each faction to 10 models. But those models are unplayable..without the solo boards...and which are still unavailable on their site. But i noticed there is a merc expansion boards download on the site. Does this download include all the stats for the rest of the models?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DarkKai wrote:
So from my understanding there are 12 factions in MERCs which all are present in Recon, each faction gets 5 core models + 1 sniper if you were lucky (or unlucky) enough to back the ks from what i read it wasnt the best. But in order to get all the mercs there was a separate add on to upgrade each faction to 10 models. But those models are unplayable..without the solo boards...and which are still unavailable on their site. But i noticed there is a merc expansion boards download on the site. Does this download include all the stats for the rest of the models?

Solo boards are 100% unnecessary to play the game solo. They are strictly a convenience as they take up less table space.

Expansion boards are what you need as they give the stats. And they are available for download and printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin West
United States
Woodford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the other part you're missing i think is that this was a method for MCG to expand its product line for the tabletop to include new factions and plastic molds for existing factions. imo the "all in" and other thing they did after the ks to fill out all factions to 10 members was primarily for the tabletop community.

this is not to say there isn't a place/rules for recon but its a bit of a bonus perk and not where the value in the additional models lies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
westcl2 wrote:
the other part you're missing i think is that this was a method for MCG to expand its product line for the tabletop to include new factions and plastic molds for existing factions. imo the "all in" and other thing they did after the ks to fill out all factions to 10 members was primarily for the tabletop community.

this is not to say there isn't a place/rules for recon but its a bit of a bonus perk and not where the value in the additional models lies

Exactly this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.