5 Posts

Land 6» Forums » General

Subject: Cannot win on iOS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A A Ron G
msg tools
mb
This is a really brilliant game. Every time I play it im struck by how "classic" it feels. Almost like backgammon or chess. This game feels like it's been around a very long time in the best way. I hope future generations keep playing it. But I cannot beat it on iOS. I beat my pnp copy once but I'm starting to think I played it wrong. Did the winning conditions change for the iOS version? I cannot even get a die on the final panel, I always get wiped out on the 5th panel. I thought you merely had to rid the board of cubes but clearly that's not how it works on iOS. In any case any tactical help would be great. I think I played 30 times this morning and really didn't even come close to winning. I usually get stuck with 4 die on different functions and just trying to survive by feeding and then refilling my farm die over and over. Makes me feel either very unlucky or very dense.

Thanks, the game is super fun...despite my not being able to beat it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Berger
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've only played the iOS version, so I can't speak to the pnp, but I downloaded it a week ago and have beaten it on "Easy". The interface takes a little getting used to, but if you keep the rules handy, you'll figure it out through some trial and error. It's a really fun/challenging game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Eximeno
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
On "easy" mode you should win most of your games after several games. In "medium" and "hard" modes is really difficult to win.

Try to read the thread where we speak about strategies to beat the game. And Thanks for your Kind word and for play Land 6!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game, back when it was a part of the solo pnp contest and had arrived at a strategy with a very good win rate. I’ve now confirmed with the app, which should rule out rule errors on my part.

I’ve played 6 times on hard and won 4. If I hadn’t pressed OK instead of reroll in one of the losses I would almost certainly have won in the next turn, which would have made it 5/6 win rate.

Here’s a rough outline of my strategy.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The hard part is getting over the initial phase, where you’re vulnerable, but after that you’re good .

I’m assuming here that there a city two spaces from your starting city, since that makes the explanation simpler, the same strategy still works in other setups. It requires a few more steps, though.

Here’s an outline of the steps:
Deploy to the sea.
Deploy to the field.
Move from sea to city.
Deploy to sea.
Use field a few times.
Deploy to another sea.
Deploy one space closest to Dice Lord city.

You now have 2 cities, 2 seas, 1 field, and 1 whatever .

Always reroll if the Dice Lord would place a die on tile one (if forced to, you can pick another tile).

From here on use the field a lot, deploy again if you lose dice. When the die on a field goes down to 1, use sea to reroll it till it becomes at least a 2. Repeat until all dice are in the 4-6 range. Given that you have 2 seas you should always be able to reroll as needed, this enables you to use the field more or less every turn, which keeps the seas loaded and also the 2 city dice, the latter 2 are enough to absorb all damage the Dice Lord throws at you.

Start moving towards the Dice Lord city. On the way pass the last forest before the Dice Lord’s city and use it to kill of the die on the 6-tile. From then on also reroll 6-rolls from the Dice Lord.

Use field+seas to keep up you dice levels and move the last few spaces to the Dice Lord city, where you win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Eximeno
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for your detailed strategy, Morten!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.