Subject: Unauthorized expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
A World at War is my favorite unauthorized expansion to the game Axis & Allies. Which game or system that is unauthorized is your favorite?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Anderson
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually not aware of any to make a choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
7 Wonders also had some popular cards not in the base game that became mainstream like the Stevie Wonder card if I am not mistaken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Kitching
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you need to explain what you mean by "unauthorised" and "expansion".

Also, it would help if you linked to the games instead of just naming them.

A World at War reimplements Advanced Third Reich, I don't think it has any connection to Axis & Allies. Although the publisher changes, the designer remains the same.

On that basis, A Brief History of the World reimplements History of the World very well, same designer.

Stretching the definition a slightly different way, the entire 18xx could be considered expansions to 1829 and explore variations on the theme very well.

If you really did mean unauthorised expansions, I'd go with the campaigns and maps for Arkham Horror available on this site, (not the FFG ones).

Of course those are not objected to by the licence holder, if you mean really unauthorised, we're talking Steam or anything not by Games Workshop in the Warhammer universe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gideon Stargrave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the fan-made King in Yellow expansion for Eldritch Horror.

I also dig the fan-made Crossroads expansion for Tiny Epic Defenders.

Both fantastic, high-quality unofficial expansions that add new enjoyment to games I already like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Expansions that are made for a game not sanctioned by the original creator of the game. Xenogames' World at War does this thing. It has a little different variations of the rules but the base game Axis & Allies was needed to play the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.