10 Posts

Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Solo Scenario - Infection at the Colony rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicolas Dujovne
Chile
flag msg tools
This is my first Solo Scenario ever, so please let me know what do you think about it. I will keep it updated according to comments or changes i might find are necessary.

Colony

January 21,

"It seems one of the people we rescued brought this dammed thing with him. He was the first to die and now the disease is spreading one by one. We need to find a way to stop it from spreading or we are going to forced to take drastic measures. But before that we need to make everything we can, it’s the only way to keep our humanity after all that has happened in the last few days.”

School: Buddy Davis
January 22,

“We need to find food. I know there is something still left here. If only i could find where they stored it” you think to yourself. You were assigned to look for the food the group barricated at school left after they were attacked by zombies, the only survivor from the attack is now safe at the colony but he didn’t knew where it was hidden but he heard it was plenty. You were still looking when you heard a sound coming from outside, looking carefully through the window you see a woman badly hurt struggling to reach the school.

After helping her she pass out and you notice a notebook in one of her pockets

"January 20,

I can’t believe we are so close, the last subject responded incredible well but we need more supplies. I hope we can find the antidote before we are overrun by zombies which seem to know we are in here and are starting to be everywhere."

“Could it be? An antidote for the infection?” you thought, the last entry was from a couple of days ago, “We need to hurry and find out, that might be the only way to survive".

Police Station: Thomas Heart

January 22,

After days of being barricaded in the Police Station, Thomas Heart is starting to feel the hunger from the lack of food. He managed to barricade himself inside the Police Station before the Zombies noticed someone was in there. Now he was the only one left, some ran away when the zombie outbreak started and others stayed with Thomas, but they were all dead because of the lack of food.

“I can’t stand it anymore i need something to eat” he thinks to himself while he draw his knife and starts cutting the flesh from one of the dead people inside the Police Station.

Setup:

- Place 4 zombies at the Hospital.
- Place 4 barricades at the Police Station.
- Place 8 Helpless Survivors at the Colony.
- Place 4 zombies at the Colony.
- Place 1 zombie in the remaining locations except for the School (Library, Gas Station and Grocery Store).
- Put the "Survivor 1” card from the Gas Station deck into the Hospital deck and then shuffle it. That card will represent Olivia Brown. If you draw it, immediately put Olivia Brown in play at the Hospital and add a dice.
- Remove Olivia Brown from the Survivor’s Deck and put her aside.
- Add 1 "Food 3" card from the Grocery Store object pile to the School object pile and shuffle the deck.
- Place Buddy Davis and the Janet Taylor at the School with 2 wounds on her. She can’t move or attack until she is cured from the wounds.
- Place Thomas Heart at the Police Station, he can’t move until rescued and spend 1 food card (goes to the garbage pile). Thomas starts as a different party (2 dices and no initial cards), you can only use those dices on Thomas and you can’t use your cards to equip or cure Thomas. Once he is rescued (place one of your survivors at the Police Station) you can add the 2 dices and any card Thomas has to yours.
- Draw 4 survivor cards from the deck and pick 2. Put them at the colony as your starter players (plus Buddy Davis and Janet Tayler which starts at the school).
- Start with 7 initial objects.
- Morale starts at 8.
- Round starts at 8.

Special Scenario Rules:

- You can’t enter or leave a location if it is filled with zombies or barricades (or a combination of both). At least one zombie space needs to be empty in order to move in or out from a location.
- Each survivor can have max. 2 items equipped.
- You can’t use the attract zombies action.
- Thomas Heart gets one injury token per turn until rescued and fed.
- Each round at the beginning of the Colony Phase kill Helpless Survivor (reduce morale by 1) due to the infection (This happens before checking the food supply).
- At the end of the each Player Phase turn draw a Crossroad card, check if it was fulfilled during your previous turn. If so, execute it at the beginning of your next turn.

Objectives:

- Rescue the Olivia Brown, equip her with 4 medicines and take her to the colony to stop the infection.
- (Bonus) Find the "Food 3" card in the school to add 7 foods to the Colony Supply.
- Survive until you reach round 0.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delith Malistar
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea. But as I read it, you can't even get in the hospital until you kill zombies at the location and the only way I can think of that is with a sniper rifle. Am I correct in this? Or are there more than 4 spots at the hospital for zombies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Dujovne
Chile
flag msg tools
Yes, that's the idea using a Sniper Rifle, megaphone and i think there is another card that let you move zombies from one location to another.

Originally i thought to keep the rule of not being able to use the attract zombies action as a higher difficulty level, but i wanted the scenario to be hard (i think it's not imposible though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Kassel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When you spend a die, you can move 2 Zombies to your location (for example the colony)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delith Malistar
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
veschka wrote:
When you spend a die, you can move 2 Zombies to your location (for example the colony)

Normally yes, but not in this scenario. Special rules state you can't attract zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Kassel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh sorry, I should read carefully

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Kornegay
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Just started playing the game and love it solo (I know, I'm weird) and with the wife. Tomorrow, we are having friends over to add in the secret objectives and betrayer.

Saw this and really like the concept. I will try it tonight and post back.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javi patata
msg tools
I will try it one of these days.
Also I made a custom Set-Up card for my collection. (yes, i made it in 1 card!!)
It is spanish, but dont mind to translate if anyone want it.
Thanks for the amazing scenario. I really want to try it and give you reviews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Dujovne
Chile
flag msg tools
I also love it solo since my wife doesn't like playing board games... I would love to hear your feedback about the Scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Dujovne
Chile
flag msg tools
Nice! Actually i have the game in spanish too. Let me know what do you think about the scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.