Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been red flags all over for this campaign/game, yet I admittedly remain to see how it improves out of love for the IP. However today, something really bothered me...

It is bad enough that the game and all add-on modes/content has only been playtested for 10 weeks now (according to SGP). But worse today, was thinking about Space Goat's claims about all the different sessions, playtesting at different venues/FLGS and of course, they say the game is balanced well and was always well received, everyone loved it.

So then, where are those people? Not here on BGG. Not in the KS comments to the campaign. Where are they? Do they even exist?

You would think, if someone played a demo/playtest session and backed the kickstarter, wouldn't at least ONE person comment about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually, I would think so.

However, they didn't even get the BGG entry for Evil Dead submitted until well after the campaign started.
If they weren't active on here then odds are the people who play tested it aren't either. They may not have even know about BGG or thought twice about it.

Remember they are primarily a comic book company. Unlike most game publisher who demo a game and say go thumb pics on BGG, rate our game on BGG, etc..Space Goat doesn't seem like they would have done any of that 10 weeks ago
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, but I mean not even in the KS comments? Did none of these "blind playtesters" or demo participants back the game/offer comments? Just stands out to me, even if they weren't a board game company before (but apparently want to be now, as they have hinted about expansions and other projects they would like to do).

And these are the types of questions I've asked, and gotten no answer. I get answers to the easy/safe questions and crickets on the substance/important ones.

Even the mini renders caused some concern/questions which weren't answered. There is no way they can do Henrietta's hair like that "render" and thin appendages will bend with a cheap plastic.

Getting closer to the end now, and I still have about as many concerns/questions as I did at the start...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ramsey
Canada
North Delta
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm growing more skeptical too. I nearly pledged when I first saw the banner on BGG. Kinda glad I came and checked the forums first. This whole thing is really starting to look like a poorly-conceived dream.

Hopefully I'm wrong. I'd love a (good) game like the campaign describes. I love the Evil Dead 'verse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dropped it today. I had a dice tier, but honestly... I just bought a "lightbulb" jar on ebay filled with all kinds of parts of the cabin, with a CoA signed by the actual Prop Master from the film. $35 INCLUDING shipping. Sorry, no offense to Mike (the guy cutting the cabin wood for the "dice"), but that beats the crap out of $105 for 2 wooden cubes and no display case, etc. Making that $175 dollars for the dice and a game I am not so sure of, nah...especially when that price doesn't include the shipping.

I will support the guy cutting the dice (Mike) on my own, outside of this game's campaign (his chainsaw replicas are amazing, and the clock would be very cool). I'd rather give him my money directly, so I know he is the one benefitting from it.

Too many concerns with this campaign to stay, and although I am a huge Evil Dead fan, I'm not throwing my money at something that calls too many things into question. They Have improved, but that is relative to the campaign being a huge mess in the beginning. I'm just not sold they know enough/are prepared enough, the whole thing seems rushed to meet a licensing deadline. Throw in the extremely short development and playtest time, with no backers or any reviews discussing the game, and it just concerned me too much. I have a ton of games, getting a mediocre looking one solely based on theme isn't what I want. If it somehow does turn out good, there is retail.

If I want the comics (which I likely will), there is no reason to get them through the campaign, really.

It also gives me more money to throw at Vampire Hunters, which looks very cool and is running an EXTREMELY well planned/polished campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.