Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This may seem like an odd question, but I am curious before I open my copy.

Does the Mayfair edition have Italian text on the components? I browsed the images here, but it's hard to see which ones (if any) are of the Mayfair edition. Either way, all of the images here show Italian text on the components.

I think that it is extremely likely only Italian components were produced and all regional publishers are using the same components. Also, the daVinci Games website says the components are "international". Can a Mayfair edition owner confirm this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
Does the Mayfair edition have Italian text on the components? I browsed the images here, but it's hard to see which ones (if any) are of the Mayfair edition. Either way, all of the images here show Italian text on the components.

Dan, I've played four or five games now, and I can't think of anything that has readable text other than the rules. The copy I looked at did have English rules. The cards have some text on them, but it's just for graphic flavor; there's no text on the cards that you need to read.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was referring to the small "titles" on the cards (it is flavor text I suppose) and the little cardboard markers. I am not aware of anything else with text.

I am going to take your post as confirmation of my assumption! For some reason, I am always interested in these little details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Aube
Canada
Ste-Julie
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I happen to have the Mayfair edition... yes, the name on the inventions and on the lord of the city are in Italian, but it doesn't make a difference (you use the symbols on the cards, not the name). There is no other text then this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.