Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have taken the plunge into the CAV:SO KS2 project and have been reading the quickstart rules, as well as looking through the stat cards for the different units. I won't have the rulebook until it ships in November (the "training" package), so in the mean time, I thought it would be helpful (and fun) to get a discussion going on building your CAV units.

I am curious about the unit designations (attack, fire support, recon, transport) and what sort of limitations there may be when you assemble your force for a game.

I have looked over the scenarios and I am also curious about the typical amount of threat value you use in your games. More TV obviously leads to longer games, but when you play, what is your usual "go-to" TV?

I really like the mix of mechs, vehicles and infantry in the game and I would love to see some examples of your favorite forces. What they consist of and how you implement them in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Girot Vicioti
msg tools
The core book recommends a basic TVP of 3000 points. That's enough to put together a squad or two for a training/casual game.

If you look up the Talon Games website they have a free Force Manager app in their downloads section.

As for the current Kickstarter? I've put together some graphic references for CAVBoss to show off some examples of what one can build with the currently unlocked models.

And from the newest faction...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.