$30.00
Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Mega Civilization» Forums » Variants

Subject: Variant: non-tradeable calamities face up and trade decks countable rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lazarus Darkeyes
United States
Playa del Rey
California
flag msg tools
Variant:
-all non-tradable calamities are always placed in each deck face up
-all trade decks can be counted by anyone any time

There information to count how many cards are each deck and where non-tradable calamities are located in each deck will always be public. I personal do not find it interesting for a valid competitive skill to be who is counting cards in there decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schulzetenberg
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The original Civilization did it this way by making all the non-tradeable calamities have red backs. It leads to some game-y shenanigans where people won't build cities because they don't want to get a calamity. I don't care much for it, but some people like it.

Do you have people counting cards like that in your group? It's hard to track for nine different decks, but I suppose it might be worth it for the worst calamities like Civil War and Regression.

Another way to solve this is to shuffle the non-tradable calamities with the two cards above it, or to shuffle it in just like the tradeable calamity with all the turned in cards. This will keep the mystery of who got it without allowing card counting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.