tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice song! For those that would prefer to just watch it here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Song is okay.

However, they have an above average selection of games there (a lot of dross, but some very good to excellent games as well), but the games being played are Monopoly, Guess Who?, and The Game of Life, plus having Chutes and Ladders start out next to her head and moving it back at ~3:07 for a "cameo".

I'm not saying they should have had full games of Arkham Horror, Power Grid, and Battlestar Galactica going (though all those games are on the shelves, and thus available to them), but they could have at least had Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, and Carcassonne going (okay I don't see Carcassonne, but it's probably there, who doesn't have Carcassonne? - besides they could still have Qwirkle or Forbidden Desert or Castle Panic or even Tsuro or Kingdom Builder instead).

This comes off much more as "geeks" are hot/in right now and I wish to exploit that than the purportedly sincere solidarity with the bullied, downtrodden, and others that like weird things message that the song seems to want to portray.

What "geeks" play Guess Who? and The Game of Life other than with their young children?
At least I didn't see any money on Free Parking.

Thanks for visiting Hailey, maybe next time stick around afterwards and you and your bassist and your director (who is probably most to blame here) and your cameraman, and all of your "Hollywood geek" extras can try a game that isn't on the shelves of your neighborhood Toys'R'Us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.