Subject: New version coming! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/28/the-inv...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Has
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
Wow! I didn't see that coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Place bets on it being app powered as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
FINALY!! a second edition of a good game from FFG that I am excited for!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreamshadow wrote:

By the god(s) I hope not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreamshadow wrote:

By the god(s) I hope so!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Clausing
United States
Winfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First Mansions of Madness... Now this!

Wow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Martin
United States
Reynoldsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish game companies would take up after movies and affix a "2" when they release a new product of the same name.

I can guarantee this wont be the same game as the first one, so it should not have the same name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Ithaca
NY
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreamshadow wrote:

It won't be. There's no mention of an app and there's a dedicated Invader player.

Zorch wrote:
I wish game companies would take up after movies and affix a "2" when they release a new product of the same name.

I can guarantee this wont be the same game as the first one, so it should not have the same name.

I haven't played the first one, but it seems to share a lot of similarities. Much like the video game it seems to share enough of the same DNA for the name to make sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly there won't be app-driven solo mode (I love playing solo) and it seems like the discover-the-map-as-you-go mechanism of the old Doom is gone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary McCloskey
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Please add a new entry for it here on BGG! I want the app on my phone to show both versions of the game. I don't like that king of tokyo just updated the box cover for the new version. Now there is no way to see both versions if I get the other one. Please don't do that with DOOM!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zorch wrote:

Movies are actually really bad about that, too. See the new Ghostbusters movie's title, the Star Trek reboot, or how many movies have been called just "Godzilla".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Greek
Argentina
flag msg tools
mb
It seems like a very clean and streamlined design. It also incorporates many of the mechanics used in another amazing oop game from FFG, Gears of War. Great news lately! What more can we ask for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Greek
Argentina
flag msg tools
mb
Is it to much to ask for a World of Warcraft redesign? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zabalaj wrote:
It seems like a very clean and streamlined design. It also incorporates many of the mechanics used in another amazing oop game from FFG, Gears of War. Great news lately! What more can we ask for?

Oh good, I'm not the only one who saw a little bit of Gears in the design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rickard
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dienes wrote:
Sadly there won't be app-driven solo mode (I love playing solo) and it seems like the discover-the-map-as-you-go mechanism of the old Doom is gone

I wouldn't be surprised if they added this down the line if the game is successful. It really seems like Road to Legend has been a huge success for Descent and would make a lot of sense to port something similar over to Doom. The only problem I can see is they may not have the rights to create digital content for the Doom IP. The same problem they may have with creating an app for Imperial Assault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
That sound you hear is a million boardgamers running to eBay to try to sell their copy for big-$$$ before people get the news of a new edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! This is completely unexpected but completely AWESOME!

With all these surprise second editions, here's hoping Gears of War: The Board Game gets a version 2 treatment

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Bilanovic
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys do understand that this will be a very different game.I don't think it well effect the demand (if there was one) for the old one and the expansion too much..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like better figures (although the old ones were good), better card art, worse maps, and very similar gameplay for the Invader (but losing the excelllent colour-coding system), but a new card-driven mechanic for the marines. And a 5th player.

On balance I think it's much like the Mare Nostrum reboot - great for players that don't own the original, but not something I'm giving up my 1e for...

It will probably be more streamlined in play, as that's the trend with FFG these days. I have preferred 1e over 2e of every reboot they have produced though (except TI3, and I prefer that to what those asking for 4e want to see).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Wow! This is completely unexpected but completely AWESOME!

With all these surprise second editions, here's hoping Gears of War: The Board Game gets a version 2 treatment

-shnar

from what you can read in the news, it seems that some of the mechanics found in Gears of War have been incorporated in this new version of Doom. Considering the first Doom was the birth of Descent, Descent 2E and Star Wars: Imperial Assault AND considering two of those games are still beeing supported by FFG, they needed to go a different direction.

it sounds like a mixture between Gears of War and the skirmish mode from Star Wars: Imperial Assault with a whole lot more hack & slay & killing. I'll definitely keep an eye on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreamshadow wrote:

Doesn't look like it, at least with this initial release:

" Each side of DOOM’s asymmetrical gameplay introduces an entirely unique way to play"

There will be 2 sides that play differently (i.e. Invader and Marine players).

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is very cool!

But, because I have the first version, painted, with the expansion, I just don't see myself getting this.

I'm having a hard enough time trying to get it to the table once I lost my DOOM playing partner years ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So excited! If I could preorder now I would. Between this, 7th Continent, and KD:M I'm at capacity for games I want to/need to spend money on and play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was yuuuuugely excited when I saw the news of this, but the details have me disinterested. The marines look nothing like the classic Doom marines, there's no expanding-as-you-go map, it looks like Imperial Assault skirmish mode with a heavy assist from GoW. I already have GoW, Imperial Assault, and a Doom boardgame that has minis that look like the classic games and plays more like the classic games. Pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.