Quests of Valeria» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two questions about equal signs and adventurer hire powers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alejandro Romano
msg tools
mbmbmb
Okay two questions here:

1) If I have a Blacksmith (2 gold) and two Miners (= gold), how much do I have if I send it all to the same quest? 2 + 2 + 2 = 6 or 2 + 2 + 4 = 8?

2) Are powers optional? Am I forced to Reserve if I hire the Knight even if I don't want to? Am I forced to discard a card from the Tavern/a reserved quest if I hire the Sorceress/Captain?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Dumas
United States
Warrensburg
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Q1 Answer - I have always played it that the = signs are valued at the amount of other gold you have discard at the same time. So in your example I would play it as 2+2+2 = 6. Not sure if this is the way it was designed to be played or not, so it would be good to hear from the designers on it.

Q2 - Yes powers are optional. They give you the right to do what they say, but you do not have to do it if you do not want to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaias Vallejo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger is correct here on both questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
moesjiff
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
isaiasvallejo42 wrote:
Roger is correct here on both questions.

We are disputing the situAtion when you hire and adventurer like the summoner, and then use his hire power to hire the baker. The baker's hire power is to hire again. Are you allowed to hire again (if you have the cards) and overall get 3 adventurers with one action.

The rules on page 11 seem a little ambiguous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.