Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On today's Reddit AMA, someone asked Ryan about the world he created with City of Iron and continued with A&B, IB, and N&F. His answer was pretty exciting...

Quote:
In your podcast, you mentioned that City of Iron, Islebound, Above and Below, and Near and Far belong in the same universe. I can't remember the name... Are you working on any games that will expand this universe?

[–]ryanlaukat[S] [score hidden] 6 minutes ago

They belong to the world of Arzium, and we have a few more games planned for that setting. Above and Below and Near and Far are part of a storybook trilogy (the third game will happen some time down the road, but take place in the same world).

What do you think? The prospects of a third game in this series and even more in Arzium are, quite frankly, the best gaming news I've received this year. I hope he continues to take Red Raven Games in new directions and can't wait to see how his games evolve. I'm in for the long haul!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Jurney
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I love this! I want a third one in this trilogy already! When is it hitting KS? And more in this world is awesome! Ryan just keeps getting better with his games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jurney06 wrote:
I love this! I want a third one in this trilogy already! When is it hitting KS? And more in this world is awesome! Ryan just keeps getting better with his games.

RR Kickstarters for this year are set, so it won't be in 2016. Up next is Haven by Alf Seegert and then a 2nd edition of Empires of the Void.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Risley
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Haven - Looking forward to this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
On today's Reddit AMA, someone asked Ryan about the world he created with City of Iron and continued with A&B, IB, and N&F. His answer was pretty exciting...

Quote:
In your podcast, you mentioned that City of Iron, Islebound, Above and Below, and Near and Far belong in the same universe. I can't remember the name... Are you working on any games that will expand this universe?

[–]ryanlaukat[S] [score hidden] 6 minutes ago

They belong to the world of Arzium, and we have a few more games planned for that setting. Above and Below and Near and Far are part of a storybook trilogy (the third game will happen some time down the road, but take place in the same world).

What do you think? The prospects of a third game in this series and even more in Arzium are, quite frankly, the best gaming news I've received this year. I hope he continues to take Red Raven Games in new directions and can't wait to see how his games evolve. I'm in for the long haul!

3rd game in the series. Exciting!! Let's speculate at the name of the next one.

Above and Below, Near and Far, and.....

In and Out?
Up and Down?
Now and Later?
Through and Around?
With and Without?
Before and After?
Between and Beside?
Across and Along?
Toward and Away?
On and Off?
To and From?
Over and Under?
Back and Forth?
Ebony and Ivory?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad "There and Back Again" has already been taken ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Smith
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Before and After would be a cool title, with some sort of time travelling mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
The prospects of a third game in this series and even more in Arzium are, quite frankly, the best gaming news I've received this year.

Absolutely agree! Really looking forward to Near and Far and whatever comes next!

Cheers!
~Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.