Popular Tags: [View All]
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I received my Kickstarter copy today and my insert came ripped into pieces...perhaps due to its thin cardboard and the weight of the cards and the board.
Any others sharing my disappointment?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Cappelletta
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are not the first one complaing about this.
Could you share a picture?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Anness
Canada
Oshawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed Barry Doublet's insert (and box) took a beating during shipping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwzMwzwSFuo

Mine arrived today in Canada and had no issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Giles
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mb
My insert was ripped apart and my box had a damaged corner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RichardGiles wrote:
My insert was ripped apart and my box had a damaged corner.

Mine too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Knutson
United States
Alexandria
VA - Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not only was my insert torn like yours, my game biz is also a little crushed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Schout bij Nacht
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My insert was torn as well, and the box has a damaged corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Dutchies
msg tools
mb
Same here, don't rly mind it tho but still a shame

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, mine showed up the same way. Not that, at this point, it's really surprising. Ah well. It's been taken out and abandoned in favor of the Plano box to hold all the resource tokens and black cubes anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Boca Raton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, my insert was torn, as well. However, all of the components arrived in excellent condition, so it really isn't a big deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BigTree FallHard

North Carolina
msg tools
mb
My insert was also torn; my box and components were completely intact though. Looks like I'll end up making a custom foam insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Pre-order Treachery In A Pocket today!
mbmbmbmbmb
Please send us photos of any damage items at support[ at ]artipiagames.com.

Once we gather all such issues, we will seek solutions.

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Negron

New Hyde Park
New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3pod wrote:
Please send us photos of any damage items at support[ at ]artipiagames.com.

Once we gather all such issues, we will seek solutions.

Thank you

This happened to mine too
The project promo card was completed bent and now has a fold mark in it so I can't use the card.

The corner of the box has a hole in it, the insert is completely destroyed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The insert was close was close to not surviving from the brutality of the cards, in which there was nothing to hold them. Fortunately, it was a single damage. Artipia has picked a bad option for a simple, cheap insert, but it wasn't ideal for the game that has 150+ cards. It is not serious fault, but with this, I have to get an new ideal insert to hold the cards and components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Pre-order Treachery In A Pocket today!
mbmbmbmbmb
BGFreakDag2PT wrote:
The insert was close was close to not surviving from the brutality of the cards, in which there was nothing to hold them. Fortunately, it was a single damage. Artipia has picked a bad option for a simple, cheap insert, but it wasn't ideal for the game that has 150+ cards. It is not serious fault, but with this, I have to get an new ideal insert to hold the cards and components.

Please send the photo at support [at] artipiagames.com .The tray quality was the standard we always order and have no issues with that manufacturer. For some reason both the tray was made with the thinner cardboard than the one ordered which caused the problems.

We are already in communication with them for a solution.

Thank you.

EDIT: The specs for the game's tray (as far as our order goes) were identical to games like Among the Stars and New Dawn. If you own or have access to any of them, please compare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kēvin Zoren
United States
Havre
Montana
flag msg tools
@!#?@!
badge
Ehrmahgahd! Berd gahms!
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine today with the same issues, dented box, ripped insert. Thank you for being active on BGG Konstantinos! I'll send some pictures later tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Thomas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
received mine today...not great......

international shipping i realize is a daunting adventure but packing was absolutely subpar...

insert torn to bits
box dented and dinged
Space trip card was sleeved but looks like a 3 year old was walking around the house with it for 3 hours

kinda disappointed to be honest....
hopefully it plays better than it arrived...i may reach out to stronghold or Artipia

all the bad news aside...
the art is splendid on the cards i've looked at so far. family will love this game so it may get broken in over time and I will forget the dread i felt seeing the mangled box show up on my porch lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As 3pod stated above, please contact Artipia Games. Stronghold is not involved in the kickstarter campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heidi Stewart
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
One of the flaps on my insert was nearly completely torn off.

Our solution was to fold the top and bottom flaps under each other to make a short little box.

We actually feel this serves as a better insert than the original design. We do not feel the need to have the insert replaced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://playtmg.com/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
same here torn flap of insert, was completely apart. the rest of the box and components were OK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Jaeger
Germany
Burtenbach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody,

I just returned from Gen Con. Konstantinos from Artipia and I talked about this yesterday. Here is a little summary:
- the cardboard used for the insert is what we always use and it is the strongest thickness available for that material.
- the damage is from the combinatiin of two heavy card decks and mailing, indeed.

I am very sorry that you received damaged inserts. I should have noticed the problem, but I honestly failed to see it.

It would probably have been solved in most cases by making the pocket much narrower so the cards would not be able to move around. However, if a mailman drops the package, the insert would probably still suffer. The only solution to solve this would be a real punched board inlay, the material we use for the tokens. That would increase the price significantly and is therefore rarely done. I doubt that we would have taken this road because of the cost, however making the pocket in the insert much narrower would have been the smart thing to do.

I just want to step in here and clarify this. I should have realized the problem before it happened.

Best regards
Frank Jaeger
LUDO FACT GmbH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heidirs wrote:
One of the flaps on my insert was nearly completely torn off.

Our solution was to fold the top and bottom flaps under each other to make a short little box.

We actually feel this serves as a better insert than the original design. We do not feel the need to have the insert replaced.

I did precisely what you suggested and it serves its function well except for the fact that the game board does not rest nicely on top. I suppose you can place the game board underneath the insert and then it would be perfect. This is far less trouble than a DIY insert tray.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.