Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I thought those Trump kids were supposed to be smart.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-jr-says-...

TL;DR

Trump Jr says that the president plagiarized his speech. Specifically (and only) the six word phrase "That's not the America I know." The phrase is used in a totally different context, and has been used by Presidents Obama and Bush several times in the past. Maybe Donnie can use vouchers to go back to private school and learn what plagiarism means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chopkins828 wrote:

TL;DR

Trump Jr says that the president plagiarized his speech. Specifically (and only) the six word phrase "That's not the America I know." The phrase is used in a totally different context, and has been used by Presidents Obama and Bush several times in the past. Maybe Donnie can use vouchers to go back to private school and learn what plagiarism means.

I blame Trump University.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chopkins828 wrote:

TL;DR

I think his point is that when you speak in platitudes, they eventually begin to all sound the same , just in differing order.

Also, Don Jr's is a god damn savage on twitter , some of the funniest shit ever.

When Anthony Wiener threatened to come out of retirement to beat his dad.

Quote:
Too soon Anthony!!! You probably shouldn't be talking about beating anything ever again. Go back to your cave.

Or this nugget

Quote:
Press Don't Ask Chelsea About Dad's Treatment Of Women -- But Ask Ivanka Constantly...

This kids is the better then his old man at the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

jeremycobert wrote:
chopkins828 wrote:

TL;DR

I think his point is that when you speak in platitudes, they eventually begin to all sound the same , just in differing order.

Also, Don Jr's is a god damn savage on twitter , some of the funniest shit ever.

When Anthony Wiener threatened to come out of retirement to beat his dad.

Quote:
Too soon Anthony!!! You probably shouldn't be talking about beating anything ever again. Go back to your cave.

Or this nugget

Quote:
Press Don't Ask Chelsea About Dad's Treatment Of Women -- But Ask Ivanka Constantly...

This kids is the better then his old man at the game.

Speaking of game, both Donald, Jr. and Eric Trump like to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights by going on canned safaris (where wild animals are stocked within a certain fenced-off region for paying customers) to hunt big-game animals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
As a non-American I really don't get the fascination / focus with members of the nominees family.

Maybe its the celebrity side of US presidential politics but I really don't see anything remotely similar in political discussions elsewhere: beyond photo ops you might see a story or two on the person's spouse let alone their children. And whether their kids seem OK or not seems entirely irrelevant to whether they would do a good job as a politician.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
Meaningless means there's a strong limit to how much I can mess up!
badge
This overtext is not in use.
mbmbmbmbmb
myopia wrote:
As a non-American I really don't get the fascination / focus with members of the nominees family.

They should just leave them behind in pubs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
myopia wrote:

This election is different because most of us assume Clinton's daughter will be give a carpet bagged postilion somewhere and try to get in office.

the surprising thing is Trumps kids appear to understand and enjoy politics so that's whats different in this election.
We could be seeing a future battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
myopia wrote:

Maybe its the celebrity side of US presidential politics but I really don't see anything remotely similar in political discussions elsewhere: beyond photo ops you might see a story or two on the person's spouse let alone their children. And whether their kids seem OK or not seems entirely irrelevant to whether they would do a good job as a politician.

It varies how much they are involved on the Camlaign, and tends to be tied to humanizing the candidate. That said when your family has no political chops and yet ends up the keynote speakers for your nominating convention it looks less humanizing and more timeslot filling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
myopia wrote:

It varies how much they are involved on the Camlaign, and tends to be tied to humanizing the candidate. That said when your family has no political chops and yet ends up the keynote speakers for your nominating convention it looks less humanizing and more timeslot filling.

I don't remember it happening before. Have a candidate's sons and daughters spoken at past conventions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
myopia wrote:

Without Royalty, we need some way to Reality Show our politics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
myopia wrote:

This election is different because most of us assume Clinton's daughter will be give a carpet bagged postilion somewhere and try to get in office.

the surprising thing is Trumps kids appear to understand and enjoy politics so that's whats different in this election.
We could be seeing a future battle.

Understand Politics? Based on what, the idiotic statement given at the top of the thread here. I have a feeling The Donald's kids will be busy enough trying to repair the damage to the brand to get involved in politics. Especially since appealing to White Nationalism probably has a limited shelf life given the demographics of the country

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.