$20.00
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just getting around to playing the two Opening Actions after getting through the rest of the scenario book for the first time. Both use the same language for one victory condition:

The (British, German) forces gain 1 Temporary Victory Medal at the start of their turn, when a (British, German) tank occupies any hex on the other side of the (German, British) front trench line." In the second, the Germans have only 1 tank, so there is no ambiguity. But in the first, can the British earn one VP for each of their two tanks that crosses the enemy trench line, or only one total?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't this be similar to when one side gets a temporary medal for having troops occupy a trench line, where it doesn't matter how many troops you have in that trench line, you still still only one temporary medal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say one in total, because it is the condition that earns the Medal, the 2nd tank across simply is a backup to that condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just think the language is completely ambiguous, and that's sloppy rules writing. I could go either way, which is why I wanted to ask.

Of course, in the game I just played, the British lost both tanks and the game! The Germans won their game too, in a great trench penetrating tank and infantry assault! Somewhere, Hans und Frantz, my old TGW anti-tank advocates, are laughing it up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hagg
New Zealand
Freemans Bay
Auckland
flag msg tools
In the original game, unless it was specifically stated for a particular area, each unit occupying an enemy trench at beginning of turn, got a temporary VP. Exceptions were hill areas etc, and they were clearly specified that the side controlling received one temp VP.

So I'd say that each tank achieving the positional position to gain a VP will get one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.