Popular Tags: Working_for_Putin [+] [View All]
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
But I can’t. You see, I strive to be honest with my audience. I went into Ghostbusters with a clear and impartial mindset,

This was the part where I realized this must be satire and Poe's law was in full effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schoell
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndySzy wrote:
hyperbolus wrote:
But I can’t. You see, I strive to be honest with my audience. I went into Ghostbusters with a clear and impartial mindset,

This was the part where I realized this must be satire and Poe's law was in full effect.

It's like a textbook in misogyny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mainstream movie swaps stereotypical gender representation. Insecure men lose their shit. Film at 11.

Also, lolmilo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/rocketeer-disne...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb

SHITastick review!... I give it 10 feckless YouTube rants out of 10!!!!
-The ghosts of Siskle and Ebert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Mostly, it’s a lack of intelligence. In the original movie, the bad guys weren’t actually the ghosts — everybody loves Slimer and the Marshmallow Man. No, the bad guys were the clueless bureaucrats in the government, who set off a supernatural crisis through bumbling and red tape.

In this film, by contrast, the enemy is all men, while the government ends up playing dad. Every man in the movie is a combination of malevolent and moronic. The chick ‘busters shame the mayor so much they end up getting government funding at the end. Like all feminists, they can only survive by sucking on the teat of Big Government.

LOL, that wins it for me.

Here is a great review of reviewing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no idea if the movie is good or bad and the reviews I've seen are mixed at best. The "funniest" part of that hill-fucking-larious review was that it's from... Brietbart. laugh

Way to go righties keep it classy. I'm sure this will help increase female Republican turn out in November!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw it and thought it was pretty funny. Not as good as the original, but better than 2. Kate McKinnon really steals the show, and I had to warn my younger daughter that no, safety lights are not just for dudes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That review took more effort than the movie is apparently worth. It's decidedly 'meh' from the perspectives of the reviewers I've seen. It exists, it's unnecessary but it doesn't offend. It's ultimately forgettable with the few strong showings and special effects not outbalancing the poor showings or the incoherent plot.

Making any more of it, from either side, just shows over investiture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
That review took more effort than the movie is apparently worth. It's decidedly 'meh' from the perspectives of the reviewers I've seen. It exists, it's unnecessary but it doesn't offend. It's ultimately forgettable with the few strong showings and special effects not outbalancing the poor showings or the incoherent plot.

Making any more of it, from either side, just shows over investiture.
I suspect that it didn't take that much effort, the review seems like someone enamored with the sound of their own voice. In my experience, people like that can go on and on with little energy expenditure. It's clear the guy thinks he's extremely witty and entertaining. I'm sure insecure Betas without a pack will flock to him in droves hoping he is the Alpha that will guide them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
Meaningless means there's a strong limit to how much I can mess up!
badge
This overtext is not in use.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Mostly, it’s a lack of intelligence. In the original movie, the bad guys weren’t actually the ghosts — everybody loves Slimer and the Marshmallow Man. No, the bad guys were the clueless bureaucrats in the government, who set off a supernatural crisis through bumbling and red tape.

The bad guys in the original were definitely the ghosts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Like or dislike, it has done well so far - so even if you dislike it, it was a success for them.

And, the review is ridiculous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolphinandrew wrote:
Quote:

The bad guys in the original were definitely the ghosts.

There were no bad guys. There was only Zuul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obvious Milo is obvious

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
xuzuthor wrote:

Like or dislike, it has done well so far - so even if you dislike it, it was a success for them.

I think the Ghostbusters reboot flopped. And a lukewarm Rottentomatoes score of 73% and an audience score of 58%.

Release date: July 15, 2016 (USA)
Director: Paul Feig
Budget: 144 million USD
Box office: 125 million USD

As long as the world contains butthurt manbabies like the review writer, I think we can take the audience score with a grain of salt. If you aren't going in with a "danger!feminazis!" agenda, it's good fun, and the rotten tomatoes score is probably not too far off the mark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
aiabx wrote:
hyperbolus wrote:
xuzuthor wrote:

I think the Ghostbusters reboot flopped. And a lukewarm Rottentomatoes score of 73% and an audience score of 58%.

As long as the world contains butthurt manbabies like the review writer, I think we can take the audience score with a grain of salt. If you aren't going in with a "danger!feminazis!" agenda, it's good fun, and the rotten tomatoes score is probably not too far off the mark.

I would have thought the SJWs and MRAs would have canceled each other out with ballot stuffing.

Maybe the movie really sucks? Shitty remakes are sometimes really are shitty remakes.

It's on track to make... some money, but not be a 'commercial success' in terms that studios care about. It's probably a one and done rebirth of a franchise. Wait 5-10 and try again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So that's why twitter banned a gay man for expressing his opinion. He upset the feminists.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2016/07...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought he was banned for repeatedly violating the terms of use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
And a lukewarm Rottentomatoes score of 73%...

73% is high enough for a Certified Fresh label. Movies in that area are still distinctly considered "good" movies by critics. Lukewarm would be better be defined as high 50s - low 60s, I feel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rico mcflico
United States
Mill Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
aiabx wrote:
hyperbolus wrote:
xuzuthor wrote:

I would have thought the SJWs and MRAs would have canceled each other out with ballot stuffing.
That would just skew it closer to 5.5, you dimwitted man-waffle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After watching The Heat and hearing that ghostbusters opens with a queef joke, that was enough to figure out that I won't go see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rico mcflico
United States
Mill Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
spoon wrote:

That would just skew it closer to 5.5, you dimwitted man-waffle.

That would be quite a trick since audience ratings is on a 5 point scale.
They scored 3.2/5.0. I guess when you beta males get really mad, mathematics, logic and reason are the first to go. Stay stupid.

I converted it to the BGG scale because this is RSP, you macho-maniacal stumplicker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the movie was very mediocre, just short of being bad. By far the worst movie I've seen by Paul Feig. The Heat, Spy, and Bridesmaids were all solid movies. Ghostbusters had a lot of very lazy comedy and fairly bad special effects as well. A few decent laughs, but I really don't think it is worth most people's time considering all the much better entertainment options that are available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
Interesting article on 538 about internet movie ratings.

‘Ghostbusters’ Is A Perfect Example Of How Internet Movie Ratings Are Broken

But women are the majority ? Are men just more passionate about shitty movies or are women just not interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.