5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Do It Yourself

Subject: My DIY Arkham Horror rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Bell
United States
flag msg tools
This is my first post here although I have been a lurker. I just wanted to show off my Arkham Horror thingy. It is my/my dad's first DIY project for a board game. Nothing crazy like the old time radio or much of what I have seen on this site...there are some utterly fantastic DIY Arkham stuff on here. I am fortunate enough to have a father who is 1)still alive and 2)loves to paint. He normally paints very serene landscapes and I thought giving him a dark project would open up some stuff for him. The original idea was a necronomicon with an elder sign on it (he has no idea what Arkham Horror is). He ran with it and while I think he must have thought the name of the game was Elder Sign, I am still super excited about what he did. He told me he did not like the book and wanted another stab at it so we got a box/chest and he tried again. I came up with the idea and bought the materials and he did most of the work so...I didn't do much except craft up the inserts for the cards in the box. The book holds all the ancient ones, investigators and heralds. The box/chest holds all the cards from the base and three big board expansions. That means I can use the box from the base game to hold all the boards and rule books.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Naomi Ooooooooo

Alaska
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lurk no more... cool looking boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Neat stuff, and welcome aboard!

One quick recommendation would be to make your images a bit bigger (old eyes and all...). If you hit the QuickQuote button below, you'll see how I do it here:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sacco
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Sauron was not of mortal flesh, he could never again appear fair to the eyes of Men, yet his spirit arose & returned to Mordor. There he dwelt, dark & silent, until he wrought a new guise, an image of malice & hatred made visible; the Eye of Sauron.
badge
One moment only it stared out as from some great window immeasurably high there stabbed a flame of red, the flicker of a piercing Eye. The Eye was not turned on them, it gazed north but Frodo at that dreadful glimpse fell as one stricken mortally.
mbmbmbmbmb
Very Cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bell
United States
flag msg tools
Thanks Matt and others. Edited original post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.