The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Resource Pools of Defeated Heroes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pádraic MacOireachtaigh
Uganda
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello fellow gamers. I'm playing my first game of LOTR: LCG and I've just lost Denethor in battle. It's a sore loss, but we push on nonetheless. He had three resources to his name. Are they lost to the abyss as well? My heart begs me to let them remain, for another hero to claim them. My head tells me it's common sense to bury the trinkets with my fallen hero. What say you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alas, resources went too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pádraic MacOireachtaigh
Uganda
msg tools
mbmbmb
I feared as much. Is there anywhere in the rules or FAQ to support this, or is it considered a general consensus?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say general consensus. A quick google search found that the question had been asked and answered in this fashion, but without a definitive ruling or rulebook quote.

From the rulebook we see that the resources belong to the hero (each hero has its own "resource pool"), so it makes logical sense that the resources are lost when the hero is lost, but it doesn't explicitly state it. With that said, if the resources weren't lost, there should be a rule explaining *how* the resources should be reallocated in the event of a hero death, or how they could be spent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Munn

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a definitive ruling:

"When a character leaves play, all tokens on that character are returned to the token bank and all attachments on that character are placed in the discard pile."

Source: http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1702-offic...

The question was about Grave Cairn, but the ruling addresses Pádraic Kudu's question as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rmunn wrote:
I found a definitive ruling:

"When a character leaves play, all tokens on that character are returned to the token bank and all attachments on that character are placed in the discard pile."

Source: http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1702-offic...

The question was about Grave Cairn, but the ruling addresses Pádraic Kudu's question as well.

Excellent find! In the interest of nitpicking, I noticed something when I was looking in the core rulebook that I hadn't noticed before, in the definition of "resource pool"

"A resource pool is a collection of resource tokens stored near a hero card. These tokens belong to that hero's pool, and can be used to pay for cards that belong to that hero's sphere of influence. Each hero has 1 resource pool." [emphasis added]

I always plop the resources right on the hero card, so the Grave Cairn answer seems to apply perfectly, but technically it sounds like I'm not actually supposed to put the tokens on the card, just near it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.