Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the shadow card dealt to Dark Bats say "deal one damage to defending character", does this count as the Dark Bats has damage that character so the bats should now be attached to that character?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a card has a shadow effect and was dealt as a shadow card as part of an attack from an engaged enemy, then the shadow effect is resolved and the card is discarded in the encounter discard pile. The card dos NOT stay out as an engaged enemy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a long time since I played this so I don't remember the card specifically but I'm assuming Dark Bats attaches to the character it damages? If that's the case then no it doesn't count as the Bat damaging the character. The shadow effect's damage is just its own thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gumps wrote:
If a card has a shadow effect and was dealt as a shadow card as part of an attack from an engaged enemy, then the shadow effect is resolved and the card is discarded in the encounter discard pile. The card dos NOT stay out as an engaged enemy.

You are right. But that wasn't what is was asking about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toliveischrist77 wrote:
It's been a long time since I played this so I don't remember the card specifically but I'm assuming Dark Bats attaches to the character it damages? If that's the case then no it doesn't count as the Bat damaging the character. The shadow effect's damage is just its own thing.

Sounds good. This is how I played it. That the shadow effect damage doesn't count as damage from the bats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Alberto Rodriguez M.
Colombia
Bogotá
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gumps wrote:

Just to clarify, the rules (p. 20) says that "Shadows cards remain on the enemy to which they were dealt throughtout the combat phase. If that enemy leaves play, discard its shadow card from play. At the end of the combat phase, discard all shadow cards that were dealt this round."

So, you discard the shadow card at the end of the phase, not after you have applied its effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
karlmachi wrote:
Shadows cards remain on the enemy to which they were dealt throughtout the combat phase.

That is the purpose of this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mabry
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joakim589 wrote:
karlmachi wrote:
Shadows cards remain on the enemy to which they were dealt throughtout the combat phase.

That is the purpose of this?

It simply tells the players when shadow cards should be discarded. However, adhering to this rule is important because it does change the order of the discard pile. Since many scenarios have effects that have you interact with the discard pile (often times from the top down), the order matters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. Makes sense. You can kill a certain enemy last, to get his shadow card high up on the discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.