20 Posts

Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle» Forums » News

Subject: GENCON rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
If you are going to Gencon, you can get the game a month before everyone else.
Also, if you play the 45 minute demo you can get 1 promo card. Additionally, if you buy the game, you get 3 more exclusive cards.

http://usaopoly.com/blog/usaopoly-will-be-attending-gen-con-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:
Also, if you play the 45 minute demo you can get 1 promo card. Additionally, if you buy the game, you get 3 more exclusive cards.

i cant make it to gen con this year unfortunately... i hope these will be available elsewhere

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Traci Weiland
United States
Lewis Center
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
John1701 wrote:

i cant make it to gen con this year unfortunately... i hope these will be available elsewhere

Me too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Buchanan
msg tools
I sincerely hope that these promos are "b-side". If the Sword of Gryffindor or the Elder Wand are Gencon only promos I will riot....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Pisanich
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
If at first you don't succeed.... SQUIRREL!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is going to GenCon and they live in the Dallas area please message me. I need someone to purchase a copy for me and I am willing to pay for their services.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:

I dislike convention promos as much as Kickstarter only promos unless available at a later date to the public
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
How will your marriage grow today?
badge
How will your marriage grow today?
mbmbmbmbmb
Dnasearchr wrote:
John1701 wrote:

I dislike convention promos as much as Kickstarter only promos unless available at a later date to the public

At least with Kickstarter you're putting money up front months in advance...so I'm ok with KS promos. I'm even ok with devs selling KS promos at conventions.

But convention promos suck. Not everybody has those kinds of funds and/or vacation time. If the promos do make it to the Geek Store, then great. If they don't, then that's really unfortunate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Thompson
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Hey Everyone,

Ross from USAopoly here.

The promo cards that are going to be available at Gen Con are not Gen Con exclusive.

We are glad that we can have some fun promo cards available at the launch of the game.

See you at the show!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent!!!!! Con goers get first crack at the cards. The rest can get it later on. I like that :-). Now... When can us non con gamers purchase the game ?! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Flores
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm not nearly as interested in things like promo cards, as I am interested in finding out if this game is actually a lot more fun than what it appears. Play the game you genconers, and tell us about it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
They are already sold out at Gencon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Del Arroz
United States
Danville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
i was told they were sold out like pre-10 AM this morning which means retailers went and bought them before the public got a chance to. Really lame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
otomo jon wrote:
i was told they were sold out like pre-10 AM this morning which means retailers went and bought them before the public got a chance to. Really lame.

My friend went shortly after opening an said they were out... Shame on them for selling them to retailers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Dacula
Georgia
msg tools
That's horrible.....I thought that were going to have 50 each day, according to their web site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:
otomo jon wrote:

My friend went shortly after opening an said they were out... Shame on them for selling them to retailers...

It's probably VIGs not retailers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilly Berto
United States
flag msg tools
What are VIGS? Very interesting guysin shorts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guillyberto wrote:
What are VIGS? Very interesting guysin shorts?

Very important gamer. They pay like 600 dollars for tickets one of the perks is entering the dealer hall before they open.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stokes
United States
Chatham
Illinois
flag msg tools
BoardGameGeek
badge
BoardGameGeek
mbmbmbmbmb
Trade day passes get in early too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Dennard
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They had 50 copies each day. Their booth was very near the entrance to the exhibit hall, so each morning there was a mad rush to their booth and a huge line formed quickly. I don't think they were expecting this much interest, perhaps? It was pretty crazy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Johansen
msg tools
They admitted to being overwhelmed and underprepared. They've never done a gamer game with a license with this kind of fandom before. They were, however, very gracious and professional in their handling of the chaos. I used to be a Wizards of the Coast Corporate Representative, and I gave them some operational tips for Sunday morning, which they used. They said it was night and day, and were very appreciative. I give them very high marks for accepting qualified input and a willingness to grow. It was evident in their day-to-day adjustments at the con as well as the stellar product that is this HP game. They had enormous respect for the property and showed a delightful amount of attention to detail. These folks can't help but become a major player on the game scene with this kind of company culture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.