United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night we attempted to a 6 player game of ADAPT.

As we were playing with little ones, and I didn't have enough normal guppies, I handed out the special guppies from the KS packs at random.
One player got a guppy (and I appologize at this point as I have neither the Guppy or the name of it's PA) that could Auto-Adapt twice.

I quickly realized that this seemed a little lack luster.

While is sounds like a cool ability in theory, reality is that after you Auot-Adapt the first time, you will no longer have the ability to Auto Adapt a second time as the first body you take will replace our guppy and you will lose your passive ability to adapt a second time.

In hindsight, now thinking about it, we can probably house rule it so that the auto adapt allosw you to adapt to a body +2 from your current level (so you can actually take a lvl 3 body instead)

So how is that ability supposed to work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wrot!
United States
Alhanbra
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sean,

Any body can auto-adapt (other than level 5).

So if you get 20 exp, you can auto adapt your level 2 to level 3, or what have you, but then you're done. 20 exp will max out and potentially waste exp.

BUT

If you can auto-adapt TWICE, the 2nd time you hit 20 exp again, you jump from level 4 to level 5. Auto Adapting twice is super powerful.

There is no guppy-related limit on auto adapting!

The other detail here that you might be missing is that ALL special yellow-bordered guppies abilities are classified as "Genetic Boosts" (indicated by a yellow ability symbol). Genetic Boosts last the ENTIRE game, even AFTER you adapt away the body.

Give the kiddies the special guppies as a Handicap helping them catch up. Playing with all adults? Everyone pulls a random yellow-bordered guppy and has at it! : )

John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
KeeperoftheGate wrote:

The other detail here that you might be missing is that ALL special yellow-bordered guppies abilities are classified as "Genetic Boosts" (indicated by a yellow ability symbol). Genetic Boosts last the ENTIRE game, even AFTER you adapt away the body.

Yes. that is exactly what I was missing, Thanks John!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.