6 Posts

Elder Sign: Omens of Ice» Forums » Strategy

Subject: When do you move on? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nik G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Finally got the chance to play this, it's been sitting around for months... I know, bad me... However, now that I'm finally getting around to it, when is the point at which you're supposed to move to the next phase? Are you supposed to try to hoard items and clues, or shoot for easy Elder Signs? It just became apparent quite quickly that it can go south (or north in this case) in a hurry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually spend one day only at Stage I. Two days could work also, but no more than two

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
So basically try to complete Arrival and Into the Wild within the four first turns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really, a lot of adventures trick the clock. Let's say complete both before the second Midnight is resolved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks, I played with the kids today and it went much better doing it like that. We completely messed up in the second part though, but overrun by storms and almost out of supplies, we managed to defeat Rhan in an epic battle. Wooden spoon to daddy who couldn't get a single Doom token off Rhan, and who managed to kill off the professor earlier on. Fortunately the kids rolled better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a nice game. Happy it was a more pleasant experience
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.