$5.00
$15.00
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

Is there such thing as a spreadsheet containing the text on each card, or a thread with pictures of the cards in Aliens or Predator? I couldn't find any, although there are such things for every Marvel Legendary set. thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:
Hello everyone,

Is there such thing as a spreadsheet containing the text on each card, or a thread with pictures of the cards in Aliens or Predator? I couldn't find any, although there are such things for every Marvel Legendary set. thanks in advance!

There is not. You usually won't find stuff like that here on BGG, as that usually constitutes a gross violation of copyright law.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is simply not true. Upper Deck has always approved of this practice. Upper Deck representatives have posted here lots of pictures of the cards from the upcoming expansions, and have welcomed any attempt to centralize information, including pictures of cards and spreadsheets containing the text of the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's not much, but there are pictures of all the uncommon and rare cards for the recruitable heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there anything in particular you are looking for? Someone could scan pics of specific cards.

AdelinDumitru wrote:
That is simply not true. Upper Deck has always approved of this practice. Upper Deck representatives have posted here lots of pictures of the cards from the upcoming expansions, and have welcomed any attempt to centralize information, including pictures of cards and spreadsheets containing the text of the cards.

Upper Deck posts pictures of a relatively small sampling of cards for each set, and has always been supportive of fans posting images here. However, I suspect they wouldn't be to happy to find a spreadsheet that contained the entire text content of a game posted in the files section. Not saying it doesn't exist, I haven't looked that thoroughly, just imagine that a resource that could be used to create a bootleg copy of the game would be frowned upon.

That said, if you know of a spreadsheet for FF....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Darkwynd wrote:

If you mean Legendary FF, there is a thread that has all card text for Legendary Marvel.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1243890/complete-card-text-a...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkwynd wrote:
...a resource that could be used to create a bootleg copy of the game...

No offense, but this is spoken like a person who has never created a quality PnP before. It is a myth that people would do PnPs of readily available games to save money. It is often just as expensive, if not more so, to create all the components yourself, and the results are typically not as good as the real thing.

People like to do PnPs for all sorts of different reasons (re-themes, custom variants, game isn't available any other way, etc), but getting out of spending money on readily available games isn't one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dbriner31 wrote:
Darkwynd wrote:

If you mean Legendary FF, there is a thread that has all card text for Legendary Marvel.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1243890/complete-card-text-a...
Well, there ya go.

grant5 wrote:
Darkwynd wrote:
...a resource that could be used to create a bootleg copy of the game...
No offense, but this is spoken like a person who has never created a quality PnP before. It is a myth that people would do PnPs of readily available games to save money. It is often just as expensive, if not more so, to create all the components yourself, and the results are typically not as good as the real thing.

None taken, however I have created quality PnPs before, and am well aware that it is generally not cheaper than spending the money on a readily available game. "Readily available" being the operative phrase. I'm also not suggesting that Adelin is trying to get a copy of the card text for such a purpose. I'm just (pleasantly) surprised that UD allows the complete card text to be posted.

That said, there seems to be a much larger fan community for Legendary than for Legendary Encounters, so I doubt anyone has done this for Alien.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.