Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I'll be brief:

1. I know you can spend 5xp to cancel a freshly drawn event card. If the event card is in play, e.g. a hazard brought into play a few rounds back, or an environment likewise brought in play a few rounds back, can this still be done? In essence: does the card have to be freshly drawn to be negated?

2. If, per the layout of the dungeon, a door leads into the wall of another room (see image below), how is that handled? As if the wall isn't there, or does the door open into a wall (i.e. false door, "sorry guys, you should have tried opening it earlier!")?

3) When leveling up, you can change your daily power, yes? If it had already been used, does the new card come into the game face up? I presume so, as campaign play would be the only reason to interpret that differently, but I wanted to ask.

4) Without searching through the abilities (i.e. per the vanilla rules) is there a way to disarm trapped doors? No seems to be the answer, but I wanted to confirm.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) You can only cancel a card as its drawn. Thematically, you're using your experience to avoid/disarm the situation.

2) You treat it as a fake door.

3) When you level up, you don't change a daily power, you add a new one. So whether you used any daily powers already chosen or not, you get to add another that you didn't yet choose into your arsenal. And it comes face up.

4) There is no way to disarm a trapped door. However, the wizard's innate ability lets him open a door without being next to it, avoiding any damage if it is trapped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

We had one more, if you (or anybody else) has the time:

Take the Paladin's Laying of Hands ability (utility, it heals an adjacent player). Are these free actions that can be used at any time during the Hero phase? We're correct in assuming only "attack" actions come at a charge, yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Unless the card specifically tells you that it is an attack, or that you use it instead of an attack or instead of movement, then you can use it as a free extra action. This is also the case with items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.