Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian "Langalore"
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this for the first time last night. My wife and I enjoy mostly light to medium weight games and we really enjoy tile laying - Carcassonne, Castles of Mad King Ludwig, and Patchwork.

I think that we are going to LOVE this game... Eventually.

I definitely see the potential AP issues but thankfully we avoid them by gut instinct and educated actions rather than thinking every scenario out. I'm the teacher for every game and our first few plays I teach her by explaining every play until she gets it and can start to see how some of the strategies work.

Our first game was a tie. It's very unsatisfying. She was 2 points ahead before we counted money. I had 16 and she had 6. That puts us squarely in a tie.

We are going to try again tonight and see what we think. I'll reply to this thread with new thoughts after another play or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't there a tiebreaker in the rules?

If not, 'least tiles' might be good. Reward efficiency...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Talk about unsatisfying ties. Was playing a game of Horse Fever that came down to a tie between me and one of 4 players. The tie breaker literally read that the heavier of the two players wins!?! My opponent was a portly fellow so I lost! And this in a game about horse racing where a jockey being as light as possible is a big deal. Fun game. Crappy tie breaker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasvik -
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Langalore wrote:
She was 2 points ahead before we counted money. I had 16 and she had 6. That puts us squarely in a tie.

So I guess you won, Brian, since money also serves as a tie breaker!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Thomasson
United Kingdom
Near Tring
flag msg tools
Good boy, Braetach!
mbmbmbmbmb
It really was a tie. She was 2 points ahead before he gave up 10 gold for 2 points to get equal on points, and they then had 6 gold each. Leftover gold breaks the tie, so the tie was not broken. The key thing here that is often missed is that it is the leftover gold that breaks the tie, and does not include the gold you have converted to points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasvik -
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep! Thats true. I didn´t think about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.