Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Target gives every item a DPCI number. Codenames Deep Undercover's DPCI number is 087-10-3117. You can use a site like this to check stock at your local Targets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We Playthrough
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Neat. Mine shows 11 in stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this. Don't have a Target in my very immediate vicinity so I probably wouldn't have made a trip otherwise. A huge help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI - The site doesn't seem entirely accurate. I checked in my vicinity, and it said all of the targets within a 25 mile radius had 11+ in stock. Well, I happened to drive by a couple of those today and checked - none of the stores I checked had a single copy of the 11+ the site said they would have. Furthermore, the games section did not even have a spot for Codenames Deep Undercover. So....not sure if that just meant they're getting that many games in (on the truck) and just haven't put them out. Or if the site is just wonky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're in the back. The official release date is the 31st. If you ask someone who works there they'll probably be happy to grab it for you. Either ask them to look up Codenames 2 or give them the DPCI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh J
United States
DFW
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
My local target had them out on the shelf. Picked one up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unknown Ediology wrote:
Furthermore, the games section did not even have a spot for Codenames Deep Undercover. So....not sure if that just meant they're getting that many games in (on the truck) and just haven't put them out. Or if the site is just wonky.

I stopped by the one near me. I asked one of the employees. He showed me it was suppose to be on an end cap. We saw the tag for it under another game. Apparently the end cap is going to get redone on Sunday. So most likely it will be there on Sunday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Faulconer
United States
pittsfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I stopped by the Target near me after checking with the awesome method listed above. The first wonderful employee had no idea which way up was. The second told me that they most certainly do not have it.

Got home, ordered it through target.com using the promo code GENCON to get 10% off. So now they are telling me it will be ready in the same store in 2 hours.

We shall see how that goes.

Edit: it magically appeared.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I went in yesterday (30th) and asked about it. They said to come back today (31st). I noticed that you could order online this morning so I put in an order for two (one for me and another for a buddies birthday). They cancelled the order saying that it was out of stock. I called and they wouldn't look in the back even though they know it is somewhere in the store. I transferred the order to another target which has sold two since yesterday since it said 11 yesterday and now it says 9. We will see what happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Branham
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
New Dia die Los Muertos. Lighter, sillier, and Stickers.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wandered into a Target near me today. They said that I was the second person who had asked. They spent an hour prowling the back stockroom, and couldn't find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mittens
United States
Westchester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Streaming Board Games Live! twitch.tv/critcamp
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this! Off to Target I go as I placed the order for pickup and says they have 11!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana R.
United States
Claremont
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Devotium Popcornicus
mbmbmbmbmb
11 appears to be the magic number, every store nearby me has 11.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
One store I went to said they did not have it but on his handheld said another store has 12 of them.

Went to that store (super target) and the girl couldn't find it. Said it should have been on an endcap F24 but other stuff was there. Said maybe it is on a pallet since they are revamping the shelves.

So I stopped at another non-super target and they has 5+ sitting on the shelf with the other games in E section. Not on the endcap. $19.99 USD plus tax.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ziegler
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help. I went into my local target yesterday to ask about it and I happened to ask the same employee who had sold two the previous day, and knew exactly where in the back room to look. It likely would have been difficult without the DPCI number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Auken
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to report another success using that DPCI number. None on shelf, but associate looked it up on the handheld, determined it was in back on a pallet and went back and grabbed one for me.

Looks like plenty will be hitting shelves over next several days as almost every store in my area appears to have 10-11 somewhere in the store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Saari
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Went to my local Target today. If you can't find them with the other games, look to see if they have a special display at the end of an aisle. That's what mine did. All of the new "Target Exclusive" games were there. About half of the titles, including Codenames, were there. Others still had to be stocked.

After reading this thread, however, I decided to buy it online instead to get the 10% discount. Free shipping at $25, so I bought it and one of the other new titles. I don't get them today, but I saved between $4 and $5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conner Morlang
United States
Santa Monica / Westwood
California
flag msg tools
Go outside and play (games)!
badge
Me 10 years ago. Should I update?
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy from a City Target in Westwood CA on the 1st of August. It was not on the shelf, so I asked customer service if they had any in the back. They had 20 and brought me one. So, I was the 1st purchase of Deep Undercover from that Target!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.