Subject: Relationship Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Mitchell

Peoria
Illinois
msg tools
mb
Let's say I take Mel on a date in Round 2.

Now in Round 3, I have 8 book tokens in front of me, enough to advance to a Relationship and to Raise Family with Mel.

1) Can I take both actions in Round 3? (effectively sliding past the upkeep cost for Relationship I would have had to pay, if I had stopped at one action)

2) Does it cause Stress?

3) What if Round 4 starts and I cannot pay the Upkeep cost for Mel? I discard the card, take 1 stress and lose 1 STH, the rules say. But I keep the 2 LTH points that I earned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
chuckm1961 wrote:
Let's say I take Mel on a date in Round 2.

Now in Round 3, I have 8 book tokens in front of me, enough to advance to a Relationship and to Raise Family with Mel.

1) Can I take both actions in Round 3? (effectively sliding past the upkeep cost for Relationship I would have had to pay, if I had stopped at one action)

You will need to upgrade level by level, you can't skip levels. And yes you can perform both actions in the same round

2) Does it cause Stress?

Under the new rules, i believe the tokens are placed on the card and not on the board (1st edition rules), if thats the case then no stress is caused (but remember, level by level, so it will take 2 action turns)

3) What if Round 4 starts and I cannot pay the Upkeep cost for Mel? I discard the card, take 1 stress and lose 1 STH, the rules say. But I keep the 2 LTH points that I earned?

Yes you discard the card and gain 1 stress and lose 1 STH, but no you do not gain the 2 LTH because you didnt pay for the upkeep accordingly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckm1961 wrote:
Yes you can. You put one hourglass on Mel to form a relationship and on your next turn another one to raise a family.

chuckm1961 wrote:
2) Does it cause Stress?
No. Per the updated second edition rules you place the hourglasses on the card itself, so no stress. Stress comes from retaking the same action on the board.

chuckm1961 wrote:
Discard the card, take 1 Stress, lose 1 STH. Yeah, you keep the LTH because it's "long term"; you are sad for breaking up with Mel, but you keep the good memories you had together.

Note that you may discard any one card in front of you at any point, getting 1 Stress and losing 1 STH. Therefore, if you plan on ditching your Partner or your Job, you may also consider doing this in the previous round, since STH will reset. Or to free up a 3rd spot for a project. On the other hand, getting that extra stress might lead you to lose an extra action in the next round, taking into account the third age stress, so you might want to delay discarding a card for the upkeep phase of the next round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.