Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jono D
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi All,

Obviously with 4 players 1 player will have to control two hunters. Does this take away from the game at all? Is it an advantage to the hunters as obviously one of the players knows twice as many items?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krawhitham B
New Zealand
Napier
Hawkes Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd suggest making Mina the 'Spare' character because she has one card revealed anyway, plus she is generally used as a DracuSonar.

It is a tiny extra advantage, but this is a game you play for the experience, rather than the player balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
XIPULOXX FHTAGN!
mbmbmbmbmb
Krawhitham wrote:
I'd suggest making Mina the 'Spare' character because she has one card revealed anyway, plus she is generally used as a DracuSonar.

It is a tiny extra advantage, but this is a game you play for the experience, rather than the player balance.

I agree. (I haven't played 3rd edition with less than 5 players, but it's not that different from 2nd edition.)

Running two hunters gives that player more to keep track of, so they're more likely to make mistakes, which helps even things out. It also means fewer brains to outwit Dracula. That isn't really significant with 4 players, but with 3 and even more so with 2, it can make a big difference.

Anyway, Dracula is very strong in 3rd ed so making the hunters a bit stronger is no problem at all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.