Mr. Baron
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mb
Hi guys,

I am just working on a self-made expansion for Axis&Allies Revised, called Axis & Allies easy scale adjustment. It is meant to be a game closly based on the Revised rules, but larger and still easy to play. I already uploaded the spreadsheets and the rules, which stil have, how I -of course- noticed later, some little mistakes. The spreadsheets already apeared below. I will upload the map/board the next few days I think. This game is not yet ready for play, but it hopefully will in the next few weeks. I also post this to encourage myself. If you like to comment the stuff in the file section please do here. As English is not my mother tongue, feel free to correct mistakes you found(I already noticed that "contemporary producement" has to be replaced by "contemporary production"). As well, you can tell me if you don't understand things in the rules, or help me to make things easier to understand you if think they are not expressed well. (if they are in the speadsheets, wait for the rules so far.) This is a fan-project, which is never meant to be published. I am preparing to get my map printable, too. (it is unfourtunatly quite large, applied for 10 (ten) colored DinA3 sheets on European printers.)

Greetings,
Christoph Baron

Edited...
rules:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/fileinfo.php?fileid=23749
spreadsheets(small changes will still take place):
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/fileinfo.php?fileid=23747
shrinked board:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/203265
full sized board:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/fileinfo.php?fileid=23746

regard the rules include a kind of introduction. I will aso post it, to make this thread look a bit like an article.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Claude Ranise
France
Croix
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: My Axis&Allies Revised expansion!
Hello,

I have watched you excel file. It is filled. Can't you show a picture of your extended board!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Baron
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mb
Ah, images pass through much faster. I didn't know that. You cannot read anything here, but it gives you an imagination: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/203265 I will also have to correct my spreadsheets, but i will leave them as they are, until I am really sure, nothing will change anymore. I hope the rules will be here soon. They are the major reason for the threat. (to make sure they are understood)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Claude Ranise
France
Croix
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmmm !! very nice board !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Baron
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mb
The files are now completly updated, now including the full-sized board. The spreadsheets may be updated another time, as a result of gametesting. I am still working at the map, and I will post cut print parts, without cutting lines through letters. As well i will make every territory have a clear black borderline, not a grey something like in Northern Canada, especially Newfoundland(?). Please note there is a introduction in the rules, which explains my intention on creating this variant. So do not wonder, why this thread is commented so weakly. I wanted to post this introduction, but php-forums aren't a good place for this. Now with the fullsized-board, you should have an imagination of the setup/deployment. Feel free to comment this variant.

Edit: The Introduction from the Rules

1.Rule Sheets for Axis & Allies easy scale adjustment
These sheets are meant as brief add-on to the Axis & Allies Revised Operations Manual which is available as download. They also refer to the also downloadable Axis &Allies Pacific Game Manual in some few issues. These sheets also recites my intention on creating just another Axis&Allies fan-project and tries to carry over which advantages this variant should have. I just start with this issue first, so you can decide wether Axis&Allies easy scale adjustment could be of interest for you, or not.

2.The Intention
2.1.Why just another fan-project?

I always liked Axis & Allies as a pure wargame supporting all actual and possible strategies in WWII not using many special rules but simply the setup. Many Axis&Allies variants using a lot of political restrictions like the Japanese-Soviet Non-Aggression Pact are fine, but I wanted to create a game with mainly tactical options, larger than A&AR but still easy to play. Only Koumintang China is politically restricted in its tactical posibilities, not being meant as a full-fledged Power. In addition to that point establishing Industrial Complexes wherever you want did not seem adequate to WWII warfare for me. So that is changed, too.

2.2.About the General Style and the Name of Axis&Allies easy scale adjustment:
Due to the policy of tactics prevailing the game both the numbers of starting units & the Powers’ incomes are rather high. As well is the number of territories and seazones. According to that the IPC system has been simplified a lot in order to avoid calculations dominate the game too much. As already said building ICs is no longer possible, but combat units are cheap and particularly fast. Only the reach of aircrafts is reduced a bit compared to land and sea units, as it seemed to be quite high to me. There is now a single additional playing piece the “draft unit”, which is a mobilization site less capable than the IC. The idea of high incomes, many territories and seazones, additional mobilization sites and faster units made me choose the name Axis&Allies easy scale adjustment.

2.3. The Game’s Complexity
A&Aesa is recommended for 4-5 players who want to play a game of moderate complexitiy in one seat. As there are really many units on the board, playing one on one could be quite exhausting.This is a fan-project for companionable gaming evenings, not tournaments.
Recommended Four-Player Game:
Player 1: Soviet Union/Kuomintang China (Defending Allied Player)
Player 2: United Kingdom/ United States (Interfering Allied Player)
Player 3: Germany
Player 4: Japan
Recommended Five-Player Game:
Player 1: Soviet Union
Player 2: United States/ Kuomintang China
Player 3: United Kingdom
Player 4: Germany
Player 5: Japan

Should be readable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.