Let Them Eat Cake» Forums » General

Subject: Well this is different! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
I started following this game because it's by the same designer as The King Is Dead, which I like a lot... I read the rules today, and wow this game is pretty much TKID's exact opposite! laugh It's quite a jump from a perfect-information, calculating, area-control game where restraint is key... to a chaotic, full-on negotiation game which calls for bluffing and deceit!

I'm generally poor at negotiation (having trouble lying will do that ) and I'm not sure this is my kind of game as I'm not a "talker", but I'm still tempted by this because I really like the art and sense of humour I see in the rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer Sylvester
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, its different :-)
I like a whole range of games and I try to design games, that I like to play, but dont exist in the way Id like them.

But there is a similiarity to King is dead / King of Siam: I tried to avoid all clutter. TKID is a straightforward majority game, this is a straightforward negotiation game, hopefully without any unnecessary bits.

And you can play it, without being much of a talker, because its possible to spread out the votes somewhat tacticly. But I wont lie: Its a negotiation game :-)

(I missed on writing a designer diary for this one, because Im quite busy with moving to a new place right now. I hope I will be able to find the time to still do one though...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
Peerchen wrote:
Yeah, its different :-)
I like a whole range of games and I try to design games, that I like to play, but dont exist in the way Id like them.

Yeah, I understand the need for variety... I also make games (video games) as part of a small studio, and we're currently developing a hardcore zombie survival sandbox game. After working on it for so long (years!), believe me our next game is going to be something REALLY different, not only because we all have such a wide variety of gaming tastes but also to keep us from going insane

Quote:

But there is a similiarity to King is dead / King of Siam: I tried to avoid all clutter. TKID is a straightforward majority game, this is a straightforward negotiation game, hopefully without any unnecessary bits.

And you can play it, without being much of a talker, because its possible to spread out the votes somewhat tacticly. But I wont lie: Its a negotiation game :-)

(I missed on writing a designer diary for this one, because Im quite busy with moving to a new place right now. I hope I will be able to find the time to still do one though...)

It does sound very clean with not too many rules, and despite it not being what I expected, I'm nearly sold on it laugh Who doesn't like cake?

Good luck with your move!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.