Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phill Robbins
Australia
Coffs Harbour
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mb
Arcadia Quest newbie here. I managed to get in a late Pledge for Inferno after much deliberation. I love the art style, the minis, and the game gameplay looks like a tonne of fun, the only thing holding me back is the number of players since my gaming group tends to be between 6 and 10.

I was wondering the possibility of having one person controlling each hero on a team, so you could have up to 4 teams of 3 people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin Tracy
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only activate one hero per turn and zero heroes if you choose to rest so there would be a LOT of down time if you had 12 people playing. Plus sometimes you'll want to activate the same hero twice in a row or maybe one of yours has an obnoxious death curse and they spend most of the time hanging back in the starting area (therefore that player would not get to go often) It doesn't mean that it's impossible, just that I don't think everyone would have a lot of fun or equal play time.

Sorry if this isn't the answer you were hoping for. The game is definitely a ton of fun though so I hope you'll still be able to enjoy the game, even if it means splitting up the group for a few games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The solution is to play more than one game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out some of the threads in Variants, like this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phill Robbins
Australia
Coffs Harbour
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mb
Oh, I didn't realise it was one hero per turn. Kinda ruins my idea. I did back Masmorra as well, so I plan on having both running at once, but I know Arcadia's Quest is the better game, so I was hoping to get more people playing it at once. I'll have to check out those variants then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What you need is a copy of AQ and another copy of AQ: Inferno. Then you could play 4 players on each at the same time. Sadly AQ:I doesn't come out until October, but it's getting closer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phill Robbins
Australia
Coffs Harbour
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mb
Hah, I guess that would be the best solution. I actually backed Masmorra first, since my gaming group is most casual and we tend towards faster party style games, but when I saw Inferno I had to back, if only for the extra heroes. I'm really thinking of picking up AQ in the meantime though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Helmann wrote:
I'm really thinking of picking up AQ in the meantime though.

If you do, you would be able to play "the fall of Arcadia" downloadable campaign when it is released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try giving the 5th player control of the monsters. I let our daughter do that in games between my son and I and it's an interesting twist. That player won't be able to win or progress in the campaign like the guilds, but it's a way to involve another player in the fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.