Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While it really creates some tense moments when on the board, the Wolfbomination seems rather overpowered to me. The only way to survive is to find torch + dragonbile (which is random). And once killed you can be sure that it emerges again soon enough.
Running away is not an option, as it is too fast.
Characters with +1 strenght for Melee/Ranged/Combat/... are also not an Option for me as they take away the fun from dealing with regular Abominations...
What are your experiences with the Wolfbomination?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Wulfsburg expansion there are also strength 3 weapons which can deal with the beast.

Normal abominations aren't much of a threat anyway, as they are easy to escape.

Wolfbominations are quite rare - we have played games where they haven't turned up. They also don't turn up at blue, giving you longer to find those weapons/dragonbile.

I agree that skills that allow heroes to become strength 3 make the game too easy, but I think it's hard to find the middle ground.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Wolfbomination only does not turn up in blue. Otherwise there are two spawn Cards for it so chances are actually quite high that it turns up each game...

Actually I kind of like this beast because of the Tension it creates, but if it turns up early it probably ruins the game...

Yesterday we had two abominations turn up on an area with two spawn zones (Regular Abom + Wolfbominatiion). We immideately found torch + bile with two searches and killed both Aboms. Being only 4 survivors we could not deal with all the Walkers at the same time, which killed us during the next spawn phase then ( 2x Walker activation in a row)...
And all this happened within three turns. Somehow memorable, but also quite random...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
leberegel wrote:
( 2x Walker activation in a row)...
And all this happened within three turns. Somehow memorable, but also quite random...

I'm pleased to say that happens very rarely! I have also lost to 2 consecutive walker activations - but only once in three years (hundreds of hours) of playing all of the Zombicide games!

We have just got our three nastier abominations, but haven't played them in the game yet. I think we may end up not being against strength three characteristics after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.