Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason M
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the hell out of this game, but I'm unclear on the Alarm dice. Using the first location as the example, it has only a Caves defence, and then the Vault/Code. If I send Cryptographer (Code defence) carrying Climbing Claws (Caves defence), thereby bypassing all defences, do I roll any Alarm dice at all?

I understand that sending 3+ Gang Member along, using a Loud character, and Anonymous Tip all incur Alarm dice, but does one guy Climbing into the Cavern of Dust and cracking the Code go completely unnoticed?

The reason for my confusion is that where it talks about Loud characters, it says they "set off a new Alarm for each corresponding defence they disable." The *new Alarm* made me think that there is already an Alarm going off for each defence bypassed, and a Loud character incurs yet another one per defence. That can't possibly be what it means, but it's a point of contention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The short answer is Yes, sneaking in and breaking the code does not set off any alarms. The "Each defense" wording is if (e.g.) you used a chainsaw to hack through more than one defense. Each one is a new alarm. Glad you like the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, I've found that you can pretty much always figure out a way to steal the artefacts without triggering alarms, so I like to play with the variant that has players starting with one alarm dice in the first place, to avoid it being a foregone-conclusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Delaney
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found it more enjoyable with this variant as well.

Robbery should always be at least a little risky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.