Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabor Pivarcsi
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Heya!

I would like to ask what are the long term plans for Shadowrift. Are there new expansions in the works? Will we see another kickstarter in the future?

As it stands now, I'm not too positive about shops getting the game here (we very rarely see kickstarter funded games in my city), but I must own Shadowrift.
If I pre-order from the US, then the shipping cost is nearly the same as the game (the best I found is 39 USD through FedEx from Miniature Market).

If there's hope for another kickstarter (with EU friendly shipping), then I'll wait for it, and get the game (and expansions) feom there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diederik D.
Belgium
Brasschaat
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gaborpivarcsi wrote:
Heya!

I would like to ask what are the long term plans for Shadowrift. Are there new expansions in the works? Will we see another kickstarter in the future?

As it stands now, I'm not too positive about shops getting the game here (we very rarely see kickstarter funded games in my city), but I must own Shadowrift.
If I pre-order from the US, then the shipping cost is nearly the same as the game (the best I found is 39 USD through FedEx from Miniature Market).

If there's hope for another kickstarter (with EU friendly shipping), then I'll wait for it, and get the game (and expansions) feom there.

You should search for shops in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany and France when it's out. Chances are you can get it there with pretty low shipping rates. I don't know the exact release date of the second edition, but if you can't find a shop that has it and wants to ship it to Hungary for a decent price, contact me and I'll help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabor Pivarcsi
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Diederik wrote:
You should search for shops in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany and France when it's out. Chances are you can get it there with pretty low shipping rates. I don't know the exact release date of the second edition, but if you can't find a shop that has it and wants to ship it to Hungary for a decent price, contact me and I'll help

Thanks a lot Diederik, I'll keep your offer in mind when the time comes to purchase!

I found one german store that has the game up for pre-order, but they're selling the game much more expensive than the US store, so I do not even look at their shipping prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diederik D.
Belgium
Brasschaat
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gaborpivarcsi wrote:
Diederik wrote:

Thanks a lot Diederik, I'll keep your offer in mind when the time comes to purchase!

I found one german store that has the game up for pre-order, but they're selling the game much more expensive than the US store, so I do not even look at their shipping prices.

You're welcome
I think the best price you'll find will be around €36.
EDIT: Maybe even around €32 actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/28
mbmbmbmbmb
According to their website, Game Salute has distribution partners in the UK, Germany, and Denmark (including Esdevium Games which I think is a fairly large distributor). I would think some of them will carry Shadowrift, so you should be able to get it through your local stores or larger mail order shops. Also, Game Salute games are carried by Amazon.com in the US, so perhaps Shadowrift will also be available through one or more of the European Amazon sites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure once the game gets released you'll find a store that has decent shipping to you.
And you'll find lots of people here to give you a hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabor Pivarcsi
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up guys, I'm more positive now.

Although if another kickstarter would surface with a new expansion, I wouldn't miss it this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Sweden and I'm actually starting to have second thought about my kickstarter copy, I already own several co-op deckbuilders. If you are interested and I actually decide to sell, that might be an option for us both. I will have the deluxe version + archfiends (not the other exp. tough).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
The long-term plans for Shadowrift are to keep releasing expansion materials as long as people are willing to play them.
Right now we're getting together the plans for our next Shadowrift Kickstarter. There definitely will be one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
when?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diederik D.
Belgium
Brasschaat
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea when the second edition is going to hit retail?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
To answer both questions:
Once backers have their product, the next expansion Kickstarts as soon as Game Salute has the human resources to spare on making a good-looking KS page.

Backers are getting their shipping notifications right now, so I'm thinking the first step is only a week or two out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please don't rush on another expansion kickstarter, give us time to receive and explore the base game and expansion first.

Otherwise a new kickstarter will be an automatic pass for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diederik D.
Belgium
Brasschaat
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spukky wrote:
Please don't rush on another expansion kickstarter, give us time to receive and explore the base game and expansion first.

Otherwise a new kickstarter will be an automatic pass for me.

Same here. But I have to wait for the retail release...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.