Subject: Boastful Claims rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Walker
New Zealand
Tauranga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you play the boastful claims card, do you get the favour tokens immediately or after a combat has finished?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you quote the card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm your huckleberry
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that is a scheme, so effect would be immediate unless it says place favour after combat. Handy early game, especially on the gladiator who comes with a favour token (Athos??)...on the road to being a champion if acquired early from the market deck and then put in against a starting gladiator. Providing that went to plan, he'd lose his boast token and become a champion.....or roll poorly, get beaten and the dominus' loses 2 influence!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't had the opportunity to dig the card out, but generally speaking all cards do what they say they do. If there is no specific timing information on them it is fairly safe to assume that the effect takes place when the card is played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin N
Canada
Victoria
British columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that's the scheme that places 2 favour tokens on a gladiator that has none. It also places a boast token.

So it wouldn't work on Othos, but it would function similar to Aggrandizing Proclamation in that the favour tokens would be placed immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's a serious risk.
If you are not the host, the other domini would love nothing better than to invite you first. You accept with the boasted gladiator and then someone with a much stronger gladiator (stronger and with equipment) creams your gladiator and...

Your gladiator goes to the afterlife and your pride goes to the pits!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.