Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R Larsen
Denmark
Naerum (Copenhagen)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear all,

I am getting back to this game after a long break.

I seem to recall, that there were some official setup changes from the first edition of the game.

Anybody can confirm this, and if so, which changes were made? (I cannot see that there are any setup changes in the 3rd printing rules).

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Ras

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The triple Uesugi block without a circle and the Uesugi plus gun without a circle both gain circles.

The effect is that Aizu now has five circles and a "+1".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
To confirm what Kubigaruma said, see this post from the designer.

(That's in what used to be in the "more information" section right up near the top of the page where people could find it easily, but with the game page redesign, that's now the "community wiki" near the bottom of the page. Snarl!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Larsen
Denmark
Naerum (Copenhagen)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kubigaruma wrote:
The triple Uesugi block without a circle and the Uesugi plus gun without a circle both gain circles.

The effect is that Aizu now has five circles and a "+1".

Perfect, Matt, thanks a lot - you just made it before starting the game we just finished.

And those two blocks made a difference defeating a Maeda expedition, before (with the utmost honor) being vanquished by the Tokugawa forces. The war ended some weeks later with Tokugawa himself being killed in the 16-block Battle of Gifu. Epic.

And Kuhrusty, yes, I completely agree - the new layout seems to make everything more difficult. I dont get these things.

Cheers,
Ras
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.