GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

7,905 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Unfair» Forums » News

Subject: PnP files released rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kate Finch
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've released the PnP files today for people who want to take it for a spin. http://www.unfair-game.com/resources is the place to go until the files are modded through the BGG queue!

UPDATE 4 Aug 16: I messed up and uploaded the wrong Robots beta deck! Big thank you to DarkNico who let us know. The correct file is now available, and the old one has been deleted to prevent further confusion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojtek Kamusella
Poland
Kedzierzyn-Kozle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GREAT, can't wait for KS.
Do you plan to have other themes beside those in PnP files?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wallensteinwojtek wrote:
Do you plan to have other themes beside those in PnP files?

We have a number of extra themes in various stages of development, including a few that are very close to done except for art.
If the Kickstarter goes well, there's a good chance you'll see some of them during the campaign
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Артем
Russia
Perm
Perm Krai
flag msg tools
mb
Sorry for my English.

This game is smart, fine, and fun.

There are two questions.

1. What exactly do the numbers mean on overview cards?

2.Can I build quality upgrade card with same name on a attraction card?
For example, two Superior quality on Ferris wheel.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AASever wrote:
Sorry for my English.

No apology necessary, your English is excellent!

AASever wrote:
1. What exactly do the numbers mean on overview cards?

The numbers are a rating from 1 to 5 of how well that theme pack supports that method of play.
- If it has a rating of 5 for blueprints, then there are some high-scoring blueprints in that pack.
- If it has a 5 for money, there are ways to make large amounts of money.
- A 5 in ride size means there are ways to make very tall rides.
- A 5 in "unfair" means there are some aggressive cards, usually blowing up rides.

AASever wrote:
2.Can I build quality upgrade card with same name on a attraction card?
For example, two Superior quality on Ferris wheel.

Yes, the rule on each Quality card allows you to have as many Quality upgrades as you like on one attraction, including Quality with the same name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FullContactGEEK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Printed up the files and played several times. Really like this game. Congratulations! How close to final are these files in terms of balance/abilities? Found in one game that it was possible to get very substantial income from very early and wasn't able to curtail that power enough through the rest of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate Finch
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you enjoyed it - we've enjoyed building it a lot!

The game in the PnP is 98% there, so the KS release will see some small changes, but not a whole lot.

Occasional games do have a certain income imbalance - usually to do with someone getting out a Super Attraction early on, or a lucky combination of events, or a bit of both. If you have any suggestions, feel free to PM me or Joel Finch with your thoughts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FullContactGEEK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Start with less money so you can't buy the super attraction first thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lsamadi wrote:

There is actually a restriction that you can't build a Super Attraction until you have 5 stars in your park.

It's mentioned in the rulebook, but we need to indicate this better on the card or the main gate in some way. That's one of the few final changes left to make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FullContactGEEK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! Somehow I missed that. Thank you for the clarification!

joelfinch wrote:
lsamadi wrote:

There is actually a restriction that you can't build a Super Attraction until you have 5 stars in your park.

It's mentioned in the rulebook, but we need to indicate this better on the card or the main gate in some way. That's one of the few final changes left to make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The PnP files are updated on our website tonight:

http://www.unfair-game.com/resources

This includes edits to the rulebook, a more compact design for the reference sheet, and individual summary cards for each player. We've worked in many suggestions and clarifications - a big thanks to everyone on these forums!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Gangster still really a 4 unfair? sure the Ciyy Events are bad, but there is only 1 attack card in the park and the events are no worse than some other decks. it seems a 2 or maybe 3 at best. certainly safe to play with care bears using World Peace without losing any major gameplay elements (unlike Vampires or Ninjas)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
City event cards from the Jungle deck are missing the new Guest Step icon. I assume it should be there as it is included on the Vampire deck "Night time opening" City event card

edit: Robot's Movie Tie-in is also missing the Guest Step icon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Are the highlighted parts in the rulebook all of the rulebook changes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
Is Gangster still really a 4 unfair? sure the City Events are bad, but there is only 1 attack card in the park and the events are no worse than some other decks. it seems a 2 or maybe 3 at best. certainly safe to play with care bears using World Peace without losing any major gameplay elements (unlike Vampires or Ninjas)

The unfair rating is a combination of how many cards are attacking, and how bad the worst effect is. Gangsters has City events with some fairly harsh effects (return all staff can be very damaging) and stealing money directly from another player is a high-level attack - not only does it make your opponent go down (like demolishing something does) but it makes you go up at the same time, so the difference in score it creates is doubled. The ongoing attack of The Shakedown, which can affect all players, not just one, also makes it a high-level attack. No other current pack has stealing in this way.

DragonsDream wrote:
City event cards from the Jungle deck are missing the new Guest Step icon. I assume it should be there as it is included on the Vampire deck "Night time opening" City event card

edit: Robot's Movie Tie-in is also missing the Guest Step icon

Where the card produces stars as its Guest effect, a star icon is present instead. There's no reminder value to including the new Guest step ticket, because the whole of its effect has already been included when counting stars.

Flame112 wrote:
Are the highlighted parts in the rulebook all of the rulebook changes?

The highlighted parts of the rulebook are part of the design - a previous park owner has been through the pages to annotate them for his/your benefit, in blue ink and yellow highlighter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is there any changelog or anything from the previous pnp rulebook? I'm mostly just worried I'll overlook changes due to making assumptions about things I saw previously.

Also, regarding the pnp files, are they still going to be available after the game is released? And what is your policy on Tabletop Simulator mods that use the pnp assets, both now and after the game releases?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Below are the changes to the substance of the rulebook. There are almost no actual rule changes, mainly just clarifications.

* noted that players should split up one theme pack each during setup to speed the process
* noted that the board's alternate side doesn't change gameplay, it's simply a layout and/or clarity option
* changed the sequence of the setup process, to allow players to shuffle in the mulligans only once at the end instead of after every mulligan
* more prominently recommended First Date on first play
* added note about rules for Promo card inclusion
* noted that panoramas currently have no gameplay value
* more prominently mentioned demolition process for built-in upgrades
* revised definition of "attraction size" to count icons instead of cards
* more prominently noted that face-up piles are public information
* clarified the immediacy of Market refilling
* added attack and defense icons
* added Guests step reminder ticket icon
* added a definition for attraction size scoring after 25 cards
* noted that if City events affect multiple items simultaneously, the park owner may choose the sequence
* changed "park capacity" to "guest capacity" throughout
* changed "city planning" event to "injunction" event throughout
* added a glossary entry for "star total"
* added a glossary entry for "bury" and "exhume"
* added a glossary entry for "added"

Flame112 wrote:
Also, regarding the pnp files, are they still going to be available after the game is released? And what is your policy on Tabletop Simulator mods that use the pnp assets, both now and after the game releases?

The updated PnP files on the game's website now are derived from the release files, and we plan to have them available indefinitely. They are intended for personal use only. A Tabletop Simulator version is essentially one method of printing-and-playing, so long as it's purely non-commercial, that's fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett C
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joelfinch wrote:

* more prominently mentioned demolition process for built-in upgrades

Does this mean that normally you can target a built-in upgrade like any other upgrade e.g. Vandalism on a Super Attraction? (Which results in the attraction being closed).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate Finch
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. While you can't demolish a built-in upgrade, using an event that would normally have that effect will close the attraction in question for the rest of the round, and then it will reopen as usual during the cleanup step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you so much for the detailed responses, Joel!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.