Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rasmus Helms
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone.
A little while back I posted a few threads around on BGG asking different questions to help me make an assignment on board games for a historical theory exam at my university. Threads like this

In the paper I focused on the representation of slavery in board games and focused primarily on Five Tribes, Freedom: The Underground Railroad and Puerto Rico.
Although I had my doubts about the final result it turned out great to an extent where the professor asked if I was interested in making a revised paper that would instead focus on Gymnasium students (danish school equivalent to Junior/Senior year in High School) as the audience. This paper would be an alternative way for a class to understand and discuss the representation of slavery in modern popular culture and what impact it has. Whether it will be used by schools is hard to tell, but it is a pretty cool opportunity for me, both on a personal level, but also a chance to share board games to a new audience.

Thanks again to everyone who chimed in with suggestions and links. Much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Blachek
United States
charlotte hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations. :high five:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.