Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to Kazumasa Kyoyama (flat_ff) I could check the popularity of VTO (Variable Turn Order) in snellman games and created some graphs.

The X-axis is the month - e.g. 1605 means May-2016. There's a column for every month, but only every second month got a label on the X-axis.

First, VTO percentage in all 3p/4p/5p games with Cultists errata:

Next, VTO percentage in all 4p games with Cultists errata:

Finally, the popularity in 4p games on the original map, cultist errata, no expansion scoring, no F&I factions allowed (i.e. tournament settings):

A majority of games were started with VTO right after it became available in Jan-2015. But it only dominated 4p games after the tournament switched to VTO in April-2015. Right now, about 90% of all games use VTO (excluding 2p games where VTO or not is irrelvant).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More tidbits of information from these statistics are that recently
* about 40% of all 3p/4p/5p games were tournament-like games (4p, original map, no F&I factions, no expansion scoring)
* about 60% of all 4p games were tournament-like games (4p, original map, no F&I factions, no expansion scoring)
* for every 3p/5p game there are about two 4p games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Reitberger
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A season has nearly 1000 tournament games which seems to have quite an influence. Looking at your graphs there are about 500 games more with tournament settings in the time between 16 days after start of a season and one month later. the total amount of games isn't affected in a similar way. During the off season the tournament games seem to be replaced by other settings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Axel
Germany
Görlitz
Sachsen
flag msg tools
Do not click on it!
badge
I play with red!
mbmbmbmbmb
VTO?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ar147 wrote:
VTO?
Explanation added to top posting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.